Any other fish for this tank?

Hi everyone, just curious again, lol. What can I keep (if anything) with my WCMMs. I have 5, and a nerite snail in a 10g tank. Cycled, no ammonia, nitrite and 10 nitrates. Ph is 7.5. It is heavily planted. Can I have anything else in there? Thanks 

I would submit cherry shrimp, ghost shrimp, ammono shrimp as good options. I found ghost shrimp to be a lot of fun.

For fish I would submit more WCMMs, scarlet badis if you can feed live or frozen, clown killifish could be cool,  and cobra guppies could also be an interesting choice aswell!

Good luck @Whitecloud09

Edited by JS Fish
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2024 at 8:51 AM, mynameisnobody said:

Breed the wcmm

I second this! You should try it. Would be a fun little project that I’ve heard is pretty easy. Then you’d have more anyways and wouldn’t have to buy more!

You could also try shrimp! Like cherries or blue dreams or other neos. Just probably throw in some extra plants so they have somewhere to go if your White Clouds come prowling around😂

• Like 1

Here’s the thing, you’ve posted about this before which tells a more experienced keeper that you’re a bit bored with your setup and would like to tinker with it a bit. More fish doesn’t necessarily mean more satisfaction. I suggest breeding because with these guys, you can use small totes/shoebox for fry. Once you implement an actual project, you’ll challenge your mind and get a bit more satisfaction out of it. Another reason I suggest this is I’m pretty sure your cycle is out of wack according to your previous posts as well. Become an expert with what you got and then stretch your tentacles once you master the tank/task at hand. 
This isn’t meant to be mean or anything, I just remember the same behaviors in myself and other newbie’s around me at the time. This is a big reason why people have many tanks. You could theoretically have a different tank to work on daily. However, when finances, space, or time is limited, I always look to get a project going in said aquarium. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 6/13/2024 at 12:22 PM, mynameisnobody said:

Here’s the thing, you’ve posted about this before which tells a more experienced keeper that you’re a bit bored with your setup and would like to tinker with it a bit. More fish doesn’t necessarily mean more satisfaction. I suggest breeding because with these guys, you can use small totes/shoebox for fry. Once you implement an actual project, you’ll challenge your mind and get a bit more satisfaction out of it. Another reason I suggest this is I’m pretty sure your cycle is out of wack according to your previous posts as well. Become an expert with what you got and then stretch your tentacles once you master the tank/task at hand. 
This isn’t meant to be mean or anything, I just remember the same behaviors in myself and other newbie’s around me at the time. This is a big reason why people have many tanks. You could theoretically have a different tank to work on daily. However, when finances, space, or time is limited, I always look to get a project going in said aquarium. 

Thanks. Yes it seemed it was, but for one month now, it is a flat 0 on ammonia. I believe I am finally cycled. Yes I always Wanted to breed these guys. I know, I am a lil bored but I don’t want to overstretch my limits with this 10g. Thanks again!!!! 

On 6/13/2024 at 9:40 AM, Flumpweesel said:

limited due to tank size, but shrimp are fun and maybe up the numbers of  WCMM's. 

Thanks!

On 6/13/2024 at 11:44 AM, JS Fish said:

I would submit cherry shrimp, ghost shrimp, ammono shrimp as good options. I found ghost shrimp to be a lot of fun.

For fish I would submit more WCMMs, scarlet badis if you can feed live or frozen, clown killifish could be cool,  and cobra guppies could also be an interesting choice aswell!

Good luck @Whitecloud09

Thanks a lot!!

On 6/13/2024 at 12:13 PM, Tony s said:

You could do 1 honey gourami. And then you’d be full. Normally you would do these in groups. But a single would be okay 

Was thinking of a honey, thanks @Tony s.

On 6/13/2024 at 12:15 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

I second this! You should try it. Would be a fun little project that I’ve heard is pretty easy. Then you’d have more anyways and wouldn’t have to buy more!

You could also try shrimp! Like cherries or blue dreams or other neos. Just probably throw in some extra plants so they have somewhere to go if your White Clouds come prowling around😂

lol yes thanks! I was thinking shrimp as the best idea.

Thank you guys, I am leaning towards breeding them, or shrimp. I appreciate the reply’s!

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 9:19 AM, Whitecloud09 said:

Hi everyone, just curious again, lol. What can I keep (if anything) with my WCMMs. I have 5, and a nerite snail in a 10g tank. Cycled, no ammonia, nitrite and 10 nitrates. Ph is 7.5. It is heavily planted. Can I have anything else in there? Thanks 

Maybe kulhi loaches, or go with breeding plants.  I have started breeding my plants it's stems super easy to get going after they get established.

• Like 1

Another idea: try to get your algae under control. Add more plants too!

I think having algae makes the whole tank an eyesore (by no means am I saying your tank is an eyesore!) so then you want more fish because the fish look pretty, and the rest of the tank/plants don’t look as good. When I remove all my algae and tinker with the lighting and fertilizers trying to balance them out, I enjoy the tank more because the plants look good and I’m not dreading cleaning that thing.🙂

I really hope you don’t take this as me being rude because by golly my tank has horrible algae right now and I’m more or less telling myself this too😂

• Love 1

On 6/13/2024 at 2:20 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

Another idea: try to get your algae under control. Add more plants too!

I think having algae makes the whole tank an eyesore (by no means am I saying your tank is an eyesore!) so then you want more fish because the fish look pretty, and the rest of the tank/plants don’t look as good. When I remove all my algae and tinker with the lighting and fertilizers trying to balance them out, I enjoy the tank more because the plants look good and I’m not dreading cleaning that thing.🙂

I really hope you don’t take this as me being rude because by golly my tank has horrible algae right now and I’m more or less telling myself this too😂

Not at all, thanks! Yes I will come up with a plan to get rid of it! 

On 6/13/2024 at 2:15 PM, johnnyxxl said:

Maybe kulhi loaches, or go with breeding plants.  I have started breeding my plants it's stems super easy to get going after they get established.

Thanks!

• Like 1