Fish tank in room with pitched roof

So gonna get a new big tank and it’s 140 cm tall, problem is in my house I have a pitched roof (pic) which is pretty much also exactly 140cm (floor to beginning of pitch) so it will fit. The only thing I’m thinking is if the back of my tank is gonna be a pain to clean because of the pitch. Should I maybe move it forward a bit or will I be fine probs?? I’m thinking about getting a 3D background which I suppose would mitigate this problem as it wouldn’t have to be cleaned for algae (I think).

IMG_3657.jpeg

Edited by Cjbear087
Added picture

I also have pitched ceilings & I have no problems but I don't clean the back of my tank because I painted the back (outside) of the tank with plastidip in black. My plants mostly cover the back now too so you really can't see it. I'm not sure what type of filter you are thinking of using but a hang on might be tricky to clean/service. I'm using a canister & no problems there.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 4:20 AM, lefty o said:

id see if you could shorten the stand a few inches. 100% needed, no. i feel it would long term be better though.

It’s a good idea just not sure how I would shorten it. Tbh once I get to a point where not much algae is growing at the back, I have lots of plants at the back or a 3d background, I don’t think it’s gonna be a problem really.

I wipe down the sides/bottom/back of my discus tank about once a week.  With heavy water changes I basically have no visible algae in my discus tank ever except on the bottom side of the lids occasionally.  I suppose if I didn't do that, it would probably grow quite a bit.  A paper towel does the job just fine as long as I keep up with wiping down.

If it's tough to reach, you can wad up the paper towel and use a big pair of tweezers, I do that on a couple of deeper tanks.

That said, it will absolutely be a pain having it up against a pitched ceiling because it will somewhat limit your access.

I don't clean the back of the tank.  The outside is black and the algae on the inside is barely noticeable.  Dependant on your choice of lids and lights, you can put a HOB filter on the side of the aquarium.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 1:32 PM, jwcarlson said:

I wipe down the sides/bottom/back of my discus tank about once a week.  With heavy water changes I basically have no visible algae in my discus tank ever except on the bottom side of the lids occasionally.  I suppose if I didn't do that, it would probably grow quite a bit.  A paper towel does the job just fine as long as I keep up with wiping down.

If it's tough to reach, you can wad up the paper towel and use a big pair of tweezers, I do that on a couple of deeper tanks.

That said, it will absolutely be a pain having it up against a pitched ceiling because it will somewhat limit your access.

Maybe a little pain but tbh the only annoying thing would be cleaning the back, and if I bring it forward 20cm or so it will give me a lot more space so I think that’ll do.

• Like 1