Sad Platy or Unlikely Oto?

PaigeIs

I saw this little fellow in the tank today and wondered if it might be a baby Otocinclus. I have otos in a community tank that currently includes a herd of platy fry. Actually, there is always a herd of platy fry. I noticed this little guy today on a piece of decor. At first, I thought it was a deformed or sickly platy fry, but then I noticed how it moved. It just went from plant to hardscape to plant, resting occasionally. It didn't swim around in constant motion as the plates do.  I've had otos for a few years but have never had them breed before (as far as I know). 

Does anyone know?  Is this a sad platy, or an unlikely oto?

Here is a link to a video of it moving.  

20240422_084404.jpg.a601d24cb3299fa20e4267c16b1f70eb.jpg

On 4/22/2024 at 4:55 PM, PaigeIs said:

I saw this little fellow in the tank today and wondered if it might be a baby Otocinclus. I have otos in a community tank that currently includes a herd of platy fry. Actually, there is always a herd of platy fry. I noticed this little guy today on a piece of decor. At first, I thought it was a deformed or sickly platy fry, but then I noticed how it moved. It just went from plant to hardscape to plant, resting occasionally. It didn't swim around in constant motion as the plates do.  I've had otos for a few years but have never had them breed before (as far as I know). 

Does anyone know?  Is this a sad platy, or an unlikely oto?

Here is a link to a video of it moving.  

20240422_084404.jpg.a601d24cb3299fa20e4267c16b1f70eb.jpg

Tbh don't know what it is but looking at its mouth not a Oto. @PaigeIs