So I have a pet bass now....

On 5/13/2024 at 11:40 AM, JS Fish said:

He is only going after moving food right now. I appreciate the idea though

bass are predators, they like their food moving.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2024 at 6:23 PM, Billipo said:

I've had some experience with predatory natives. I've kept a small bass, but he was closer to 2 inches in a 20 gallon tank. I would tie a worm to a thread and he would attack it. Very fun to watch. Allows you to keep worms from ending up uneaten in your tank. Tie tight so the worms tears from the thread and you don't just catch the fish.

With natives a lot of times if you feed worms and pellets simultaneously they eventually start to take the pellets. 

Ok, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Update!

I recently released Boomy back to the wild due to him becoming skinny and other problems. Finding food he would eat was hit or miss at my local pet stores so I decided to release him back to where I found him. Thank you to everyone who gave me advise for keeping him.

More news regarding this tank, two feeder shrimp and a feeder guppy he didn't eat are currently living in the tank and thriving! The shrimp are keeping things clean and active, and the guppy turned out to be pregnant and recently gave birth to around a dozen baby guppies!

It's my first time raising fish fry and they seem to be doing well. I'm feeding them fry food and live baby brine shrimp. Not sure what to do with them once they grow up but will be the first fish I raise from birth. Very excited for what the future of this tank holds and cant wait to see what comes next.

I'm most likely going to start a journal for this tank. If I do, I will post a notification on here for those who are interested.

Thanks for reading and I hope you are doing well!

• Love 2

On 6/6/2024 at 11:01 PM, JS Fish said:

Update!

I recently released Boomy back to the wild due to him becoming skinny and other problems. Finding food he would eat was hit or miss at my local pet stores so I decided to release him back to where I found him. Thank you to everyone who gave me advise for keeping him.

More news regarding this tank, two feeder shrimp and a feeder guppy he didn't eat are currently living in the tank and thriving! The shrimp are keeping things clean and active, and the guppy turned out to be pregnant and recently gave birth to around a dozen baby guppies!

It's my first time raising fish fry and they seem to be doing well. I'm feeding them fry food and live baby brine shrimp. Not sure what to do with them once they grow up but will be the first fish I raise from birth. Very excited for what the future of this tank holds and cant wait to see what comes next.

I'm most likely going to start a journal for this tank. If I do, I will post a notification on here for those who are interested.

Thanks for reading and I hope you are doing well!

Thanks for the update! Glad the guppie and shrimp are thriving in there! I will definitely follow this journal @JS Fish!