Normal or not

Question my guppy is swimming on top like this for several hours since I introduced him into the tank. my tank parameters are fine could it be the oxygen? i have around 50 liters around 12 gallons and my HOB filter is a Fluval C3 it shows the capacity is 190L 

image.jpeg.fca52f97473dc898b597825c9380e4bb.jpeg

Posted (edited)

i got him from a local fish store that just so happens its 4 hours away from my house (really like this guy's color). Hmm not too sure about their parameters 

Edited by Misterpotato

On 4/4/2024 at 11:02 AM, Misterpotato said:

i got him from a local fish store that just so happens its 3 hours away from my house. Hmm not too sure about their parameters 

Is it one of the chain pet stores, or a locally owned individual store?  I'm asking because I've struggled keeping commercially raised guppies alive longer than a few weeks, and I've seen numerous reports on this and other forums of other people with similar experience.  Hopefully this one will be okay, but I always encourage people to buy guppies from hobby breeders, or from locally owned stores that buy from hobby breeders.

Three hours drive please tell me you got more than just that one guppy.  I thought driving an hour for fish was going to be bad.  I am almost leaning towards mail order because of travel costs versus shipping may be about the same.

Edited by johnnyxxl
Typo