Black thumb woes

In remembrance of all the plants that could have been part of the planted jungle tank dream, but have past to the next life.

To the java moss that was meant cling and cover the driftwood, only to disappear tiny sprig by tiny sprig,

to the moneywort that was meant to provide entertainment and cover for the frogs only that slowly melt into nothingness,

to the duckweed that was just gone one morning never to return,

to the Indian ferns that floated away into the great beyond stem by stem,

to the banana plants that returned to the substrate to nourish the the brown sludge along the bottom of the tank,

to the velvet green algae that once covered my rocks and wood only to leave me once my love for you developed,

to the hair algae that use to  gently wave at me from  within the current of the filters providing beautiful green movement,

and finally to the last of my black beard algae that would fringe the rocks and wave like graceful anemones as the fish swam around you,

You will be missed, but I will continue forward until I find the plant(s) that was meant for me.

Edited by Ujaynme
Grammar errors
  • Haha 2

I am sorry your plants aren’t doing well for you. Do you have any idea what might be going on? Are there fish in the tank? We’re all the plants in the tank together and died  around the same time? Are you fertilizing? 

just curious as to what could possibly be killing off your e.

Posted (edited)

It’s me, this is my most seasoned tank, the water is mostly stable, a afd died in there I didn’t get a an spike the water, just found the tiny bones as I was vacuuming under some wood pieces. I have  root tabs and liquid fertilizers to feed the Anubis living in there now, and they do okay, just not the  lush green paradise I dream of. I tried different plants overtime this list is from the last 3 years.

As soon as I try to cultivate something it dies.
i had green algae covering everything until I decided that the velvet covering looked good on the rocks and woods, then it disappeared within a month. It was a pain a scrub off my glass and rocks for about year before that.
I also had black beard algae until I decided to keep some patches here and there as a grass clump like alt. the last clump disappeared this morning. I was hand picking them off the Anubis before that for about 3 months and was about to buy some A.shrimp

My current wish is for the spot algae to completely cover the back wall and create a natural green background. Wish me luck as i embark on the start of this new relationship with algae. 

Edited by Ujaynme
  • Sad 1

On 4/1/2024 at 12:15 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

This is so extremely relatable it hurts my soul.😂

We, of the Black Thumbs Tribe, can only wish we had algae overgrowth problems.