Betta identification

I’m pretty sure that I have a female betta by the way the fins are. When I got it it said that she is a Koi betta male but I don’t think that true. I just want to make sure! 
she has really changed how she has looked from when she was in a cup! Much more blue now! 

IMG_1983.jpeg

IMG_1982.jpeg

IMG_1981.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/31/2024 at 4:34 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Idk, it kinda is looking like one, but it doesn’t have the brightness colors I have seen, because females don’t have brighter colors than males,  I fell l8 that is one, but idk either really, but what is your reason why you think it is not @Matthew does stuff?

By the way the fins are I think that it’s a female. As well as how my betta acts. Not aggressive at all and doesn’t bother my snails and I could trust it with Amano shrimp honestly.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2024 at 4:45 PM, FLFishChik said:

Honestly, it looks more like a Plakat male. Not 100% sure but if I had to guess, I’d say male 

**Not a betta expert, lol

Thanks for the information! I thought the pet store labeled my betta wrong but then again bettas have all different styles of fins!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I just want to make sure what gender fish I have to have a name. I named her Izzy as a female but if it’s a male I’m going to change it.@whitecloud09

That’s what I thought she was. They listed her as a male Koi and looking at its fins it looks like a female.

Edited by Matthew does stuff
  • Like 3

On 3/31/2024 at 7:27 PM, Matthew does stuff said:

I just want to make sure what gender fish I have to have a name. I named her Izzy as a female but if it’s a male I’m going to change it.@whitecloud09

That’s what I thought she was. They listed her as a male Koi and looking at its fins it looks like a female.

Gotcha, and like @FLFishChik said, Izzy sounds great for a male or female, or if you have a better name you can name it that. 

• Like 1