10 gal tank advice

Hi guys I have some questions i tested my tank ammonia is 0 and below is the test strip for the rest. It seems that the PH is a bit low and the hardness is off too what are some recommendations should I try? I tried using some crushed osyter shell recommended by my local aquarium shop but its not working. And are those little bubbles normal as I'm quite new. Oh any advice to keep the plant from slanting.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-28 at 13.55.06_dc1910bd.jpg

Edited by Misterpotato

I dont worry too much about chasing perfect parameters I just go for stability.   I will test regularly and primarily watch the behaviors of the animals and the look of the plants to decide if I need to increase my maintainence schedule. Thats a nice tank there.

That said If I see something im less comfortable with bubbles parameters behaviors etc:

1. Maintainence I tend to use a siphon clean the gravel and remove maybe 25% of the water with fresh of similar temperature and a conditioner. 

2. Check parameters again:  I do not chase parameters personally that tends to do more harm than good for me but I do :

A. I use a little crushed coral or oyster shell flakes to buffer particularly when I run live plants to keep it stable for my plants and fish.  

B. Clam shells, snail shells, oyster shell flake, crushed coral are all present in this clip of a cross river puffer and limia vittata eating packaged dubia roach. The shells dissolve as the watsr needs them. 

20240120_184339_1.gif.eba7cf01f1a292228f1bb23c9df85140.gif

C. Clam shells, snail shells, oyster shell flake, crushed coral are all present in this clip of spotted congo puffers eating frozen tilapia. The shells buffer my water and i assume feed the plants a bit as well 

20240225_084215_1.gif.aa2056226995d81db3cfd45384e001ed.gif

3. My "insurance policies" :

A.l use wondershells for adding hardness and minerals while not raising PH. 

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/products/wonder-shell

B. Situationally dependent:  I will run a portion of  POLY-FILTER (a brand name resin impregnanted rectangle of filter media) somewhere ,aI can check it. That  absorbs excess almost anything in the water and changes to different colors based on whatever it is absorbing into itself. That gives me another visual indicator of what may be off in the water . 

• Like 3

The conditioner you are using contains aloe Vera. That can change the viscosity of the water and cause bubbles. 
I prefer conditioners with no aloe Vera like Fritz , prime, or AmQuel. 

Your tank is lovely.  I believe your leaning plant is only semi-aquatic. This means the top or at least some portion of the new growth should be above water and the roots in the water.  

I agree with @mountaintoppufferkeeper  I do not chase parameters. If my kh goes low I do a water change. If I’m dealing with low kh from my source water I use crushed coral to keep the tank stable. 

• Like 1