Hillstream loaches & cory cats together?

Wondering if anyone has kept Corys with Hillstreams? Have been wanting panda or julii cories.  Not sure how the would get along.

Details

Tank well aged, planted, about 6 years

Size:  29g

PH 7 7 or so

Temp: 78F

Substrate: caribsea super natural crystal river.  It is a coarse sand.  (Not sure if it is fine enough for corys)

Tank mates:  One old Angel, a few cardinals, and a bunch of hillstream  loaches varying sizes.  Will be moving some of the younger hillstreams to a nursery tank to grow out  soon.  

I’ve had no luck with reticulated hillstream loaches because the two that I had at different times were both real aggressive towards the Cory cats in my tank.  But with that said I have read on the forum that some people have had no issues.  Unfortunately I really like those loaches but I would rather keep Cory’s.

• Like 1

I have had my two Sewellia lineolata for about a year.  I raise Aspidora spilotus babies and Corydora melini babies with them.  They pair well as long as I use very small grain or powdered food that spreads throughout the tank so the hillstreams are able to get some before the corys gobble it all up. 
@TeeJay also keeps his with Aspidora. 

• Like 2

I have (6) six reticulated hillstream loaches and at least (6) Cory's in my 40 gallon tank. They seem to get along fine, I haven't seen any aggression towards each other at all.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 8:07 PM, Dacotua said:

Here is a Hillstream and a Cory sitting peacefully, just hanging out.

image.png.e63dac9fd71ee3210f67afced153d2be.png

Nice...maybe due to the coloring on the cory lol.  nice tank.  I just really miss having corys.  Always had them in my tanks when I was a kid.  I plan on setting up a 40 breeder or 50g.  May try it in there where they will have lots more room than my 29g

• Like 1