How many more fish?

J3azy

Here is my 75G with 1 Large AC sponge filter and 1 Tidal 110 HOB. I have 10 sterbi corydoras and 4 geophagus red head tapajos. How many electric blue acaras can I add without overstocking? 

IMG_3426.jpeg

I personally wouldn't add anymore cichlids because once either paired off your going to have problems in a aquarium that size. I would add a group of tetra.

Edited by Tlindsey
Miss spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If you want to add an eba I’d just add 1 to prevent pairs. Although eba’s are not really aggressive. But somewhere I’ve heard tapejos do better with 5 or more. Spreads the same species aggression out better. You could easily do rainbows as well. Small group of boesemani or praecox would be good. Or like @Tlindsey says larger tetras. Possibly congos. Would make an interesting tank. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was definitely hoping to add some EBAs, might have to limit that to 1, and some tetras. Hmm, I have some thinking to do. Might need another 75G lol. Thanks for all the feedback!

• Like 3

Geos are pretty docile but once they get older and start nesting your aquarium will be subject to… their design choices. 

You can probably add a couple pairs of EBA without any hassle. I might add some more sight breaks and caves though. And be aware that geos are messy so filter maintenance regime will have to be more frequent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1