Marineland H.O.T Pro System?

BIRD0887

On 2/25/2024 at 7:35 PM, BIRD0887 said:

Wow looking at that blueprint nothing is missing! I bought a 75 n this musta been the filter they were using along as a hob...Does carbon go bad??

@Galabar

There is disagreement on how long activated carbon lasts.  However, that disagreement ranges from several days to several weeks.  So, it's likely that any activated carbon currently in that filter is exhausted.

Many folks don't use activated carbon.  If you want crystal clear water, carbon (and things like Purigen) will give you that.  However, it can also remove things that you want in the tank.  My advice is to fill up a white bucket with your tank water.  If you can live with the yellow tint (that you will inexorably see without carbon), then carbon isn't really needed.

If it’s food particles it would clear up in an hour or two if it lasts a day or more it’s probably a algae or bacteria bloom 

On 2/26/2024 at 9:09 AM, BIRD0887 said:

@GalabarI have a question that is off topic...ive been feeding big pieces of cucumber to my pleco, and my water is rly cloudy, is it from the vegetables?