New chili rasbora swimming problems

nic

Yesterday I got 6 chili rasbora's. I put them in a quarantine bin for observation. I'm not treating with anything. 

All 6 were actively swimming yesterday and exploring. This morning I see 5 are doing well but 1 is staying at the surface and seems to have trouble swimming. When I gave it a nudge to see if it was alive it struggled to swim and seemed to be shaking its head side to side but it's body and fins were not cooperating.

They are so tiny and it's a little hard to see through the plastic bin clearly. I can't see anything physically wrong.

I don't know if there is anything I can do... 

I should add the quarantine bin is cycled and the temp is 78 and water parameters are all good. 

7.2pH, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 5 nitrate

Edited by nic
additional info

Fish sometimes just don't make it or get random problems that can't be explained, it can happen no matter what you do. If there are no diseases and water parameters are all okay, it might be something that came from genetics or just something wrong with the fish internally.

On 2/23/2024 at 9:49 AM, nic said:

I put them in a quarantine bin for observation

and that's the whole purpose of quarantine. better to lose a sick one here than contaminate the rest. you'd be surprised by how many people just don't do it. let alone for the 4 week recommended period.

keep an eye out for visible symptoms. then you can work on saving the rest. hopefully you can figure it out. and save him and his tank mates