Bio-film on fish face?

Mercfh

So I have a 55g tank, it's cycled and I do a 20-25% water change once a week (All water params are good).

One weird thing i've noticed is my raphael catfish appears to have a bio-film on his face (very long stringy white threads) when he comes out of his hole to eat. I know the first thought is...ok obviously fungus or similar but the thing is I notice this bio-film gone as he eats and moves around (So it'll be there when he comes out...but then be gone a little later)

So I know they don't move much during the day..is it possible he's just getting bio-film around him when he eats or that sorta just grows near where he lays? (I have a healthy amount of algae/bio-film in the tank, nothing crazy but the fish graze on it so I leave it). Otherwise the tank isn't dirty and no other fishes display any problems.

FWIW the fish looks in good health and I only notice the "threads" when he comes out first thing during feeding time, then they appear to go away after awhile. These "threads" are also very long stringy threads near the head area and not like a fluffy patch or anything.

Any ideas? 

I sort of wonder if where he "sits" grows a lot of bio-film so it's just attached to him until he starts swimming around. I'd assume a fungus wouldn't just "disappear" after 30 min or so of moving around.

• Like 2