What do you think of this stocking?

Sharon22

Stock idea for 29 gallon planted tank

This is what I’m thinking for my 29g. It is heavily planted and running two filters (fluval 50 and top fin 30). Co2 injected. PH of 7.4. Alkalinity of 720ppm. Hardness of 75ppm. TDS of ~600 (my tap water is at about this same TDS). Temp stays between 75 and 77.5 with a temp controller. What do you think? What would you do differently?

IMG_4488.jpeg

Or yellow neo?

IMG_4490.jpeg

• Like 2

White skirt tetras may be too large for your shrimp. Even the fully grown ones. They’re not always known to play nicely. They can be very fin nippy with regular fish as well. I’ve had them shred a betta before. Luckily I got him out in time. Same thing with the killifish. Even possibly the greens are too big for shrimp 

loose the shrimp and you should be good. Or larger numbers of smaller fish. Possibly the yellow shrimp with a large group of chili Rasbora? Say, 30 or so. Really small fish need very high numbers, just to be seen 

• Like 1

Both would be very fun tanks I think. Like @Tony s says, the skirt tetras might take down a shrimp or two but I would definitely try this. Considering that the tank is heavily planted you should be able to get a shrimp colony going even with the occasional shrimp ending up as a snack. The one thing I'd probably do is put in the skirt tetras last, thereby giving the shrimp a bit of a head start.

• Like 2