What crypts grow taller or how do I grow my crypts taller?

Fertilizer and lots of time. This is some I have in a 20 tall and it took over a year to get over the half way mark. Granted it only had 3-4 leaves and was a bout 3 inches tall when I got it lol. As far as what types grow tall I’m not sure. I believe this is Wendtii Red.IMG_6198.jpeg.cae05e29d678ca35426fd644b4b1ab51.jpeg

Edited by Root
Typo
  • Like 2

I've had a wenditti grow as tall as 12 inches; but balansae will grow long narrow leaves with pleasing marking. I think my tallest one is around 17 or 18 inches long but i'm sure they can get longer over longer period of time.  cryptocoryne spiralis also grow long narrow leaves and there are nice culvature like red and red tiger which range from pinkish to deep red with dark green veins. crypt undulutas can get large. crypt aponogetifolia is a huge plants which can easily take up an entire 20 high given enough time but it really requires hard-water. I have one in soft water and it is struggling quite a bit.

Edited by anewbie
  • Like 2

Here is a section of my 100g - from the top of the sand to the water line is about 15 inches. 

On the left you can see the Crypt Spiralis, not to be confused with the thicker Val floating on the top, but the spiralis kinda grows like val, just thinner. In the middle, the brownish one is Crypt Tropica, and on the right is Crypt Wendetti Green, you can see some of its leaves brushing the surface. These are all around 2 years old, and have had the benefit of a little co2 - and I give them co-op root tabs every month or so. 

image.png.4aefd7843e11e9d308cd71cc00dba939.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1