Possible Wasting Disease for CPDs

lmhicks101

I just got these guys about an hour ago from petsmart. They’re in a new empty quarantine tank I just set up with an existing sponge filter. I have focus, kanoplex & garlic guard and was going to use it but wanted to double check first. 5 total and 3 look healthy and plump but 2 look a bit skinny and sunken in. These go quick at the store since they sell them for $3.50 so they’ve only been there for about 2-3 days. 

They were all picking at detritus on the bottom of the tank in the store. I have the lights off in the tank and it’s in a dark corner but I can see them all moving around in the tank together. 

I’m planning on getting about 10 more when they get their next shipment later this week. 

parameters are

temp - 78°

Ph - 7-7.2

ammonia - 0

nitrites - 0

Nitrates - 0

gH - -6-8

kH  - 1-2

IMG_2945.png

IMG_2946.png

I wouldn't treat with kanaplex unless you see an active infection they could have been under fed or become weak to due to stress what I would do first is feed them twice a day with a mixture of live or frozen and pellets for a week to see if they put on weight if your not seeing any weight gain or they lose more weight then I would treat with levamisole once a week for 4 weeks @lmhicks101

• Thanks 1

@Colu Ended up losing 2 of them. I got some more fish and now I’m considering doing the med trio. They’re from petsmart and we already lost the 2 cpds and 3 out of 4 guppies as well that got bought at the same time from the same place. All water perimeters are the same and stable and all the guppies were active and eating. They were in a. Different tank than the cpds. One was a bit skinny but eating and active. Came down stairs to 2 dead and then a 3rd the next day. The 4th is fine though. That was 2-3 days ago. 

Is the med trio still recommended and if so then is this article still accurate on dosing and instructions? Sorry it’s been a while since I got new fish. Been obsessed with shrimp the last year so wanting to double check.

Also I have maracyn and maracyn 2 so which would you do?

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/blogs/faqs/how-to-use-quaratine-med-trio#:~:text=If you just purchased some,parasitic diseases they may have.

IMG_2989.jpeg

Edited by lmhicks101

On 1/23/2024 at 1:20 PM, lmhicks101 said:

@ColuThank you. I just reread it and realized he meant to put the levan in food and that’s why you syphon after 24 hours. Thank you. 

I accidentally added that food recipe you don't have to add levamisole to food it just as effective when dose in the water column 

On 1/23/2024 at 3:15 PM, Colu said:

I accidentally added that food recipe you don't have to add levamisole to food it just as effective when dose in the water column 

If I chose not to do the medicated food then how often do I feed them?