Interesting product to get rid off Planaria!

Lennie

Hello everyone.

In our local forum, I have seen someone mentioning this product and it being the only thing that has ever worked to solve their planaria problem (except no-planaria, they did not try it as it is not snail safe)

The product claims to be effective against hydra and planaria. Also in one page it is mentioned to be effective for Vorticella  and Scutariella, however I have not seen that claim on the product. Safe for plants, snails, fish, shrimp, and biological filter. Has no impact on ph, gh, kh.

This is the product:

image.png.a755e1d4e38f0320670571378e7f5fde.png

The ingredients are: mint, thyme, garlic extracts, propylene glychol.

I am surprised something with these ingredients is found to be very effective. Has anyone tried this or something similar? What's your experience like?

If it is a snail-safe option and as effective as no-planaria, then it may be a great substitute

• Like 2

On 1/13/2024 at 8:13 PM, Lennie said:

Also in one page it is mentioned to be effective for Vorticella  and Scutariella.

Safe for plants, snails, fish, shrimp, and biological filter. Has no impact on ph, gh, kh.

Hello, this is exactly what i need.

However are you sure 100% it is safe for snails? It seems quite impossible to me? Any user review?

On 1/22/2024 at 2:01 PM, Pepere said:

I have used No Planaria to deal with a hydra infestation and did not see it cause any harm to Ramshorn snails that hitchiked in on a plant order…

No Planaria is ok with ramshorns but very nasty stuff with Tylomelania, Nerite, Theodoxus etc.

Edited by Mache
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 6:01 AM, Pepere said:

I have used No Planaria to deal with a hydra infestation and did not see it cause any harm to Ramshorn snails that hitchiked in on a plant order…

after 1 dose of no planaria i have not noted bad effects with snails, but ive noticed after multiple doses it can kill snails

A single dose of No Planaria caused a complete wipeout of the MTS’s in one of my pea puffer tanks and secondary loss of half the puffers.  Also killed the single horned Nerite that I missed seeing and removing before using No Planaria in another tank with pea puffers (didn’t kill any of the puffers).  I had read multiple anecdotal reports of MTS being OK.  Not in my experience.

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2024 at 1:53 AM, Odd Duck said:

A single dose of No Planaria caused a complete wipeout of the MTS’s in one of my pea puffer tanks and secondary loss of half the puffers.  Also killed the single horned Nerite that I missed seeing and removing before using No Planaria in another tank with pea puffers (didn’t kill any of the puffers).  I had read multiple anecdotal reports of MTS being OK.  Not in my experience.

I remembered that one of my colleagues applied double dose no planaria to wipe out of the MTS.

@Lennie If this product is 100% safe for snails, I would like to try it. Where can I get this stuff?

On 1/23/2024 at 8:03 AM, Mache said:

I remembered that one of my colleagues applied double dose no planaria to wipe out of the MTS.

@Lennie If this product is 100% safe for snails, I would like to try it. Where can I get this stuff?

Sadly the person who created the topic in our local forum also did not get any experience related returns by other people other than one more person. Product says it is safe, I have not used it so I cannot tell or recommend.

I can translate the two comments related to the person who tried tho. He said after one dose he started to see only a couple planarias.

As he updated the topic further, after a week or so, when he checked the tank at the night time with flashlight, he noticed an increase in the population gradually again. It was only a couple of them before but now increasing more again. So he said it surely does not wipe out them all. So he used a second dose after the water change and mentioned it seems okay again but he will be tracking more but currently not observing them around. He reported there has not been any negative visible effect snails shrimp and the fish.

The other person who tried it has many different snails shrimp fish and crayfish and he also said it experienced no ill effect on them. He tried them on the following species

C2E3EF9E-2BA5-4288-96F6-A6C2FABBD47C.jpeg.232ef5f4a3e9f14242948f767ac18bdc.jpeg

but he said there is no snail safe term written on the box. However the other person has mentioned it as a snail safe and the box pic online seem to have snails mentioned too. Im confused on that part. Basically it took around 5 days for this person to get rid of them. He said once he introduced the product, they started coming out and he gradually started losing them over the time jn the following days and planning to redose when the potential eggs hatches

The product says Chem Vital S.R.O on it. We couldn’t find much info too. I guess s.r.o gives an idea that they are Czech or Slovak? Idk

On 1/23/2024 at 9:51 AM, Lennie said:

C2E3EF9E-2BA5-4288-96F6-A6C2FABBD47C.jpeg.232ef5f4a3e9f14242948f767ac18bdc.jpeg

The product says Chem Vital S.R.O on it. We couldn’t find much info too. I guess s.r.o gives an idea that they are Czech or Slovak? Idk

Thank you to detailed review @Lennie. If he applied it with these species and did not observe any side effects then it is a great product.

Btw it looks like Chem Vital is a Czech Company.

https://cz.linkedin.com/in/chem-vital-06989b298

Edited by Mache

On 1/25/2024 at 9:58 AM, Mache said:

Thank you to detailed review @Lennie. If he applied it with these species and did not observe any side effects then it is a great product.

Btw it looks like Chem Vital is a Czech Company.

https://cz.linkedin.com/in/chem-vital-06989b298

It is good to hear one or two experiences but sadly product using results for sensitive species might vary in experiences. So I would say two experiences is very low in number but at least that’s something.

yw. In case anyone else shares another experience I may update this in the future

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2024 at 3:42 PM, Mache said:

@Lennie any updates?

Btw, do you know any sellers who will ship internationally? None of the sellers that listed this product responded to my emails🤔

No updates. I have no other info about the product either. To be fair that was my main intention to create a topic here to see if anyone has any experience

I took a pic of the box at my lfs tho. Maybe it helps to read the writings on it

image.png.157a89e89b7d8330c8d45c879be18018.png82B9881E-8E3F-4AC0-B451-C6CBC4788CDB.jpeg.8b980d3a14bbb965f5ee408fe50cef84.jpeg

Edited by Lennie

Mint oil is actually surprisingly toxic to most animal life so I would guess it is the active ingredient. The propylene glycol just allows the plant essential oils to mix with water. I would honestly be surprised if this actually did anything tho. At least at the recommended concentrations.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Lennie thank you. Finally I was able to get Chem Vital Rid Planaria. Amazing product. Single application. No visible planaria and hydra after 4 days. No shrimp or snails affected adversely. Amazing, amazing😁😍

Edited by Mache
  • Like 1