Need help with my anchor catfish

Steve 0808

I’m sorry you are having problems. I have kept these successfully.  You have requested help but have not explained what help you need. 

Why are you treating with kanaplax?

Are they acting strangely? Are there visible symptoms of an illness?( forgive me if it’s visible in the photo I have poor eyesight)

On 1/6/2024 at 5:29 PM, Steve 0808 said:

Water is fine so are all of the other fish.  He is now in a hospital tank and I’ve been dosing with kanaplex for about a week now and nothing has changed.  Eating and acting normal 

IMG_5682.jpeg

Could be a nasty injury to the eye causing inflammation possible secondary bacterial infection what I would usually suggest is aquarium salt to help reduce the swelling but dwarf anchor catfish are really sensitive to salt even at low doses so I would never use salt with them what I would do is use a different antibiotic treatment with a different active ingredient such as maracyn2 active ingredient minocycline also has anti-inflammatory properties I would add some Indian almond leaves as well as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties you might have to add one leaf per gallon to get a beneficial effect and add a dose of ick X and let it marinate while treating with maracyn2 

• Thanks 1

Any chance we could get more of a closeup in better focus and from a couple different angles?  I’m very afraid that isn’t infection but I can’t tell from your current picture.  Ideally, you would separate this fish into a treatment tank.  If you have a specimen container, that would let you get better pics before putting the fish into a hospital / quarantine tank.