Betta has a lump under chin

Hello Fishkeepers,

I hope everyone had a great holiday and Happy New Year! 🥳

I have a longfin Half-moon betta, he's my first betta. I love this little guy. He is in a 7 gallon tank and he's the only inhabitant in there.

Yesterday before I did a water change, I noticed he had something under his chin, it looks like a lump but honestly don't know what it is. First time I see this. From the short time I've had him, I've never seen this on him. So far, he's active and eating but this just appeared on him yesterday. I woke up and this lump was there. 

Has this ever happened to anyone betta before? If so, please help me know what this is and how can I treat it. 

I have included some picture in this post for you guys to see. 

Thank you in advance

Pic 1 .jpg

Pic 2.jpg

• Sad 1

On 1/1/2024 at 9:52 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

If possible, try to get a photo showing the other side of the head.  I'm very sorry! Hopefully someone can chime in with a bit of advice. @Tropicalfishkeeping201

I'll post a picture tomorrow with the other side of the head, the little guy is sleeping now. I really appreciate for responding @nabokovfan87 🙂 . I hope its nothing bad 😞 Its just werid because he didn't have that or noticed any growth in that area, it just appeared there yesterday. 

These picture that I have included here are picture of when he didn't have that, I took these picture on Christmas day

Pic 3 .jpg

pic 4.jpg

• Like 1