Corys turning grey and dying

Ryan Fraser

Gold laser Cory,

Started with my adults last year. One at a time a month or two apart, they would turn grey and die, noticed sunken bellies on them as well. They were in a community tank with a mix of small tetras and several L144 plecos. Now they are in a quarantine tank. I was able to breed them and the same thing is now happening with the next generation which are now a year old

Am I looking at a parasite or maybe being outcompeted by the bristlenosed plecos for food? 

Also, I'm in Canada, not sure about what meds I can get ahold of, suggestions welcome. 

20231214_162847.jpg

Edited by Ryan Fraser
Grammer

How long did you have them before this started to happen? Have you put any medication in the tank while they were in there or previously and what meds were they? I'm going to assume the parameters are right as you bred and raised some so I'm thinking parasite or poisoning. Have any other fish had any symptoms?

Edited by UK rams

Could be bacterial slime coat disease or a parasitic infections causing over production of the slime coat as your in Canada what I would do is treat with methylene blue and aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons just in case there's a bacterial component and try and get holed of  paracleanse and expel p just in case it's parasitic infection any rapid breathing hanging out near the surface lethargy flashing spitting food out sunken belly loss of appetite how long from the start of symptom before they die  @Ryan Fraser

On 12/24/2023 at 9:46 PM, tike said:

Strange..... if it was the original wild caught one's I would say parastic worms. Most of my cories come from the wild and I frequently find they have worms. Now, the same is happening with your F-1's so I am stumped!

If you fry were raised in the same tank as the parents they would get the parasite from the adults