Guppy with Bacterial Hemorrhagic Septicemia -Medication advice needed

evonner

He was moved to my 5-gallon hospital tank today. I'm treating him with 2 T aquarium salt and API Fin & Body Cure because that's what I have. I have been doing some research and I can't get my hands on some of these products quickly. I have to ship them in.

What is this about putting the antibiotics in a food mixture?

And Sulfa drugs in a bath?

I don't want to kill this little dude but these ideas are new to me. Here is a website that tells me to put the antibiotic in a food mixture and give him sulfa baths. Do any of you know if this information is legit? https://aquariumscience.org/index.php/10-3-6-red-blotches/

Will a Methylene Blue in the form of a dip help? I have that in my arsenal. Please someone help me save him and I have to also deal with my heavily planted community tank which he was transferred from.

On 12/21/2023 at 9:14 PM, evonner said:

He was moved to my 5-gallon hospital tank today. I'm treating him with 2 T aquarium salt and API Fin & Body Cure because that's what I have. I have been doing some research and I can't get my hands on some of these products quickly. I have to ship them in.

What is this about putting the antibiotics in a food mixture?

And Sulfa drugs in a bath?

I don't want to kill this little dude but these ideas are new to me. Here is a website that tells me to put the antibiotic in a food mixture and give him sulfa baths. Do any of you know if this information is legit? https://aquariumscience.org/index.php/10-3-6-red-blotches/

Will a Methylene Blue in the form of a dip help? I have that in my arsenal. Please someone help me save him and I have to also deal with my heavily planted community tank which he was transferred from.

You can add API fin and body to the tank as doxcycline is adsorbed through the skin of the fish while you wait for products to arrive I would just keep treating with fin and body and aquarium salt methylene blue baths can be stressful and are only effective at treating external issues 

Edited by Colu
Stupid autocorrect
  • Thanks 1