Is this normal behaviour for Black skirt tetras?

IlhamSetiawan

Hello everyone!

I remember keeping fish in 30g tank at my grandma house, we have 8 black skirts there and i add 10 neon tetras,

But when i started to introduce the neons the black skirts started to bite the head of the neons

Is this behaviour normal? Because from what i read that Black skirts can be kept with smaller fish.

Thanks for the respond

@IlhamSetiawan I'm not sure just how unusual that behavior would be.  I have had black skirted tetras in my aquarium many times over the years and I have had a few of them chase and nip at others around the aquarium a bit.  One fish I have never been able to keep is neon tetras.  They always end up being eaten.  For me, even when i put them with what i consider to be a "small" fish, they end up eaten.  Apparently they are just that yummy.  They are the multi-colored icecream of the fish world.

On 12/13/2023 at 7:48 PM, Milliardo Peacecraft said:

@IlhamSetiawan I'm not sure just how unusual that behavior would be.  I have had black skirted tetras in my aquarium many times over the years and I have had a few of them chase and nip at others around the aquarium a bit.  One fish I have never been able to keep is neon tetras.  They always end up being eaten.  For me, even when i put them with what i consider to be a "small" fish, they end up eaten.  Apparently they are just that yummy.  They are the multi-colored icecream of the fish world.

But i've seen people keeping Black skirts with neons without problem