Goldfish has red bump and white dot appearing.

Supermassive

On 3/5/2024 at 7:56 PM, Supermassive said:

@Colu People are somehow selling both of them on Ebay in Canada. They are both around $50 each for the 5 gram container. Do you know how many treatments that will do? I cant find that information on Seachems website. And if you could only get one which one would you pick?

One full course of kanaplex 6  days dosing every 48hr one scoop treats 5 gallons so you would need 18 scoops of kanaplex to do a full course of treatment if I remember rightly  one pack treats 200 gallons metroplex you add to food for 3 week one 5 gram container would be enough you don't need use garlic guard you will need seachems focus it binds the medication to the food1000000024.png.403fe4897d18cbb772571c005d89d261.png

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2024 at 1:19 AM, Supermassive said:

@Colu Are you recommending that I get both?

If you can get both that would be the best option if you can only get one I would get kanaplex 

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2024 at 2:02 PM, Supermassive said:

@Colu I just got the Kanaplex, Metroplex, and Focus. Do you have any tips or advice for treatment or should I just follow the directions? And can it mess up the cycle in my tank?

What I use is metroplex in food feeding a small amount twice a day for upto 3 weeks and dose the tank with kanaplex I have found that to be the most effective way to treat with these medication together 

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2024 at 4:12 PM, Colu said:

What I use is metroplex in food feeding a small amount twice a day for upto 3 weeks and dose the tank with kanaplex I have found that to be the most effective way to treat with these medication together 

And just dose the kanaplex every other day up to 3 times like the directions say?

On 3/12/2024 at 8:32 PM, Supermassive said:

And just dose the kanaplex every other day up to 3 times like the directions say?

Yes do one course following the instructions of the box than give use an update 

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2024 at 9:19 PM, Supermassive said:

@Colu Is there a specific way to mix the metroplex and focus with pellets? I tried just adding everything to a small container and mixing it up but all the meds just clumped together and didn't coat the food.

Add the pellets add one scoop focus one scoop metroplex one cap garlic guard and a few drops of water and mix it well it form a medicated slurry 

On 3/12/2024 at 7:08 PM, Colu said:

Add the pellets add one scoop focus one scoop metroplex one cap garlic guard and a few drops of water and mix it well it form a medicated slurry 

Oh, I don't have the garlic guard. I think I've seen it locally. I should be able to get some tomorrow.

On 3/13/2024 at 12:53 AM, Supermassive said:

Oh, I don't have the garlic guard. I think I've seen it locally. I should be able to get some tomorrow.

You don't have to use garlic guard that's just to make the medicated food more appetising to your fish 

On 3/12/2024 at 8:58 PM, Colu said:

You don't have to use garlic guard that's just to make the medicated food more appetising to your fish

Does it help mix everything together? Maybe I just didn't add enough water.

On 3/13/2024 at 1:07 AM, Supermassive said:

Does it help mix everything together? Maybe I just didn't add enough water.

If your not using garlic guard add more water to the mix 

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2024 at 3:00 PM, Supermassive said:

Ill put it in the fridge now but I left it out overnight. Do I need to mix a new batch?

it might be fine I would make a new batch 

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1

@Colu I finished the first course of kanaplex and I changed his water today. And I've been feeding the metroplex. He's being shy but other than that his behaviors seems normal. When I go look at him hes usually just hanging out near the surface not moving. I cant really tell if he's getting better or not. The black areas from the ammonia are still there which doesn't seem good. You said it can last up to 4 weeks but that was over 5 weeks ago and it seems the same.

This is what he looks like today. 

20240319_154936[1].jpg

20240319_154902[1].jpg

20240319_154838[1].jpg

20240319_154818[1].jpg

The black patches should gone away after 4-5 weeks are you still showing a small amount of ammonia when you test. it still looks bloated and has pineconing I would keep treating with metroplex for full 3 weeks and keep salt keep aquarium salt at 1 table spoon for 2 gallons till you have finished the full course of metroplex then gradually water change out the salt @Supermassive

On 3/19/2024 at 6:55 PM, Colu said:

The black patches should gone away after 4-5 weeks are you still showing a small amount of ammonia when you test.

I've tested a few times since I got it cycled and it hasn't shown any ammonia. I think I tested within the last week and it was 0. Ill test it again now.

On 3/19/2024 at 6:55 PM, Colu said:

it still looks bloated and has pineconing I would keep treating with metroplex for full 3 weeks and keep salt keep aquarium salt at 1 table spoon for 2 gallons till you have finished the full course of metroplex then gradually water change out the salt

Okay, I will keep treating him with the salt and metroplex. I need to make a new batch of metroplex every week right? Should I stop using the kanaplex?

On 3/19/2024 at 11:20 PM, Supermassive said:

I just tested the ammonia. It showed 0ppm. I'm pretty sure I haven't had any ammonia in quite a while. Why else wouldn't those black areas have gone away?

Yes stop treating with kanaplex and yes make a new batch of metroplex in food every 7 days it might just be taking longer for the ammonia burn to in this weaken state the  other possibility is black spot disease more often found in pond and needs snails as a host 

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2024 at 8:00 PM, Colu said:

Yes stop treating with kanaplex and yes make a new batch of metroplex in food every 7 days it might just be taking longer for the ammonia burn to in this weaken state the  other possibility is black spot disease more often found in pond and needs snails as a host

Okay, thank you.

Does black spot disease cause bloating or abscesses?

On 3/20/2024 at 12:26 AM, Supermassive said:

Okay, thank you.

Does black spot disease cause bloating or abscesses?

No it doesn't it's rarely fatal is treat with praziquantel 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...