Unusual plant, looks a little like hair grass. What is it?

Rypa

I searched and searched for this plant, cannot find it 😞  I saw it in the background of one of MD fishtanks vids a year ago.  I just went through hours of vids trying to find it again.   The plant is spikier than hair grass, more like a tiny sedge, about 4" max.  It has fruits? -  at the tips that look like little balls.  Really cool looking.  Anyone have an idea of what this might be?

spiky plant.jpg

On 12/9/2023 at 11:26 AM, Rypa said:

The plant is spikier than hair grass, more like a tiny sedge, about 4" max.  It has fruits? -  at the tips that look like little balls.  Really cool looking. 

When I first setup my tank I had Dwarf hair grass from the coop and the emersed growth looks like your sketch. It might not be the same plant, but just wanted to note that in case that's what you saw.

20211205_112952.JPG.d746a801fefa7ca86cebe05248308065.JPG20220417_103246.JPG.f7ee615dbb8678f6264ac2a85fa12b0d.JPG

• Like 1

Ah, thank you.  Yes, very similar, but the Eriocaulon is a little closer to what I saw because there were fewer leaves/spikes, say 6 or 8 per rosette.  These look lovely though.  

Hair grass must in the sedge family?   It looks like mini sedges (carex sp)

• Like 1