Website problem when trying to access prior order history

Herefishie

This has been going on for days and I have been told by Aquarium CoOp it's a known problem.  Whether I use my phone or desktop, when I go to the order history, it constantly flashes (only my last order).  There is no way to access prior orders.  All other pages work.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  Again, they tell me I'm not the only reporting it.  I'm getting frustrated.  :-(

It happens for me too, it's not just you.  I don't really ever need to go back and look what I ordered, but it doesn't work on a computer or a phone.  If you keep your emails from them you can go back and look, but I keep my email pretty clean so once I receive an order from any online store I delete the email.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 12/6/2023 at 9:58 AM, Herefishie said:

This has been going on for days and I have been told by Aquarium CoOp it's a known problem.  Whether I use my phone or desktop, when I go to the order history, it constantly flashes (only my last order).  There is no way to access prior orders.  All other pages work.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  Again, they tell me I'm not the only reporting it.  I'm getting frustrated.  😞

We've been working on it for about 8 days at this point. We haven't been able to replicate it on the developers side. My account also isn't having this problem. Reporting what device, browser and what steps you took to get to the problem will help us get it fixed eventually. @Herefishie

On 12/6/2023 at 11:41 AM, Cory said:

We've been working on it for about 8 days at this point. We haven't been able to replicate it on the developers side. My account also isn't having this problem. Reporting what device, browser and what steps you took to get to the problem will help us get it fixed eventually. @Herefishie

Cory, I gave Sarina (I think that's her name) that information but here it is again. I'm using an iPhone 12 pro max. It happens on Safari and Firefox. Same on my computer. Thanks for your reply.

Update!

We think we have figured out the cause of this issue. It is likely stemming from the change from a code login system to the password login system. Our current recommendation for troubleshooting this is to clear the cache/cookies on your browser, so that the recent changes to the website aren't being affected by stored information in the browser. Here are some instructions for clearing the browser cache different platforms:

To clear your cookies/cache using Chrome: 
In Chrome

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More .
  3. Click More tools. Clear browsing data.
  4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
  6. Click Clear data.

To clear your cookies/cache using Safari: 

How to Clear Safari's Cache on Mac

1. Launch Safari browser on your Mac.
  2. Select Safari -> Preferences....
  3. Click the Privacy tab and select Manage Website Data....
  4. Select a website that is listed, then click Remove. To remove all website data from Safari, click Remove All.

Clear cache and cookies in Safari on iPhone

1. Open the Settings app, then select Safari.
  2. Scroll down, then select Clear History and Website Data.
  3. Tap Clear History and Data to confirm.
  4. Please let us know if you are still experiencing difficulty once these have been cleared. 

Secondary edit: For now, please avoid using the Shop App login code, and only use your email address and password to log in. If you get a message stating that your password is incorrect, please use the password reset function to set a new password. 

I hope this helps! If the issue persists after clearing the browser cache/cookies, please let us know. 

@Herefishie @jwcarlson @Cory

Edited by Sarina
clarification edit

On 12/6/2023 at 12:41 PM, Cory said:

I'm having the issue on Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Android Version 13.  Using Chrome browser.

Also an issue on Dell laptop computer Latitude 5330 Windows 11 Enterprise using Microsoft Edge.  And desktop computer that I built with Windows 10 using Chrome.  

The way it manifests itself is basically constant "refreshing" or that's what it looks like.  If I click or tap "stop", it quits the blinking/reloading.  However, most of the options do not work (like reorder, order details, return item, etc).

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 12:09 PM, Sarina said:

Update!

We think we have figured out the cause of this issue. It is likely stemming from the change from a code login system to the password login system. Our current recommendation for troubleshooting this is to clear the cache/cookies on your browser, so that the recent changes to the website aren't being affected by stored information in the browser. Here are some instructions for clearing the browser cache different platforms:

To clear your cookies/cache using Chrome: 
In Chrome

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More .
  3. Click More tools. Clear browsing data.
  4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
  6. Click Clear data.

To clear your cookies/cache using Safari: 

How to Clear Safari's Cache on Mac

1. Launch Safari browser on your Mac.
  2. Select Safari -> Preferences....
  3. Click the Privacy tab and select Manage Website Data....
  4. Select a website that is listed, then click Remove. To remove all website data from Safari, click Remove All.

Clear cache and cookies in Safari on iPhone

1. Open the Settings app, then select Safari.
  2. Scroll down, then select Clear History and Website Data.
  3. Tap Clear History and Data to confirm.
  4. Please let us know if you are still experiencing difficulty once these have been cleared. 

I hope this helps! If the issue persists after clearing the browser cache/cookies, please let us know. 

@Herefishie @jwcarlson @Cory

Did the above and it still doesn't work. As an aside, in the past I have always had to enter a six digit code that "shop" sends me. I tried to ignore that code today and login using my email and password and I get the message that my email or password is incorrect. I know it's not.

On 12/6/2023 at 12:22 PM, jwcarlson said:

I tried clearing cache/cookies on both my phone and computer and still having the same issue, @Sarina .  I agree that it seems to have started when the login process changed, but I'm not sure how long ago that was.

I can only speak for myself but as advised by @Sarina , I tried logging on with my email and password and it kept telling me it was the wrong email or password. I requested to reset my password and after I did so, problem solved. I can now access my order history with no problems. 😀

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 1:30 PM, Herefishie said:

I can only speak for myself but as advised by @Sarina , I tried logging on with my email and password and it kept telling me it was the wrong email or password. I requested to reset my password and after I did so, problem solved. I can now access my order history with no problems. 😀

Interesting.  I gave that a shot and it still doesn't work.  But maybe I have to clear cache, then reset password? 😄 Maybe I'll give that a whack.  

It's not particularly important to me.  As long as I can still order as needed I'm fine!  Glad yours is working.  I still get the shop code login thing that texts me a code.

On 12/6/2023 at 12:36 PM, jwcarlson said:

Interesting.  I gave that a shot and it still doesn't work.  But maybe I have to clear cache, then reset password? 😄 Maybe I'll give that a whack.  

It's not particularly important to me.  As long as I can still order as needed I'm fine!  Glad yours is working.  I still get the shop code login thing that texts me a code.

Yes, I did clear my cache first. I should've mentioned that.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 1:05 PM, jwcarlson said:

Thanks, @Sarina  and @Herefishie, it seems like logging in without using the shop login popup does allow me to access all of the account stuff.  🥳

I wish I knew how to get rid of that Shop pop-up code. To be honest, I'm not even sure what shop is, lol. I did go to their website and I can't find anywhere that there's a setting or an account for me.

On 12/6/2023 at 2:22 PM, Herefishie said:

I wish I knew how to get rid of that Shop pop-up code. To be honest, I'm not even sure what shop is, lol. I did go to their website and I can't find anywhere that there's a setting or an account for me.

I think Shop is the point of sale software/integration/payment processor, though I might have the terminology messed up.  It's fairly common (as in quite a few companies use it).

• Like 1

It only happens on the /account page.  You can still use track order as a work around.

Chrome 119 and 120
Windows 11 [Version 10.0.22621.2715]

Shop Login. I cleared cookies. Still doesn't work, and now im temporarily locked out for too many webrequests.  Stepping through, it's loading the page, checking partially way through then receiving a new event to navigate, ad infimum. 

Reset password for email.  Logs in and works correctly.
Logged off, now works with Shop.