Keeping Repashy suspended midwater

Revaria

So it's been a few years since I have used Repashy and recently decided to give it another shot, I was just wondering if anyone found a easy and reliable way of keeping it suspended midwater instead of having it sink to the bottom where some species fish might end up ignoring it or roll it into a corner where it ends up rotting. 

Somewhere in the first few pages of my journal I show making repashy on a stick. 
I use long flat food grade bamboo sticks I stick the bottom in the substrate or use suction cup clips to secure it to the side. Mid and upper water fish get their time and it adheres well to the stick.

In this video you can see the sticks. These are pointed down for pleco but you can point them up and towards tank center. 

• Like 6

Wow food within food, that's actually quite brilliant! Do you put in the cubes while its setting or after it has set? 

Repashy on a stick is a good idea, I thought of it before, but couldn't think of a way of making it without having a lot of transfer loss issues. The suction cups definitely make positioning the final product much easier. Thanks for the video I will definitely take a look. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 11:34 PM, Revaria said:

Wow food within food, that's actually quite brilliant! Do you put in the cubes while its setting or after it has set? 

i put in whole tubifex cubes at the very beginning of the process while the repashy is still liquid,the tubifex becomes set into the repashy.

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2023 at 12:29 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I have seen people use the worm feeder cone w/ Repashy

I was considering this, but I was worried about the fish either getting bored of it an leaving it there to rot or there would be leftover bits stuck inside which would also make it rot. That and fish bullying other fish to prevent them from getting too the food, so a larger surface area would be preferred. 

On 12/4/2023 at 4:41 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Got it!

Thanks for finding the video! Yeah I never made it in batches large enough to dip large objects into, but it definitely does give me future ideas which might work if the fish end up wanting to graze on the bottom of the tank, maybe in a glass petri dish or terracotta saucer. I'm definitely going to try the stick and the tubifex idea when I get the chance though first. I have high expectations lol.