Breeder box discovery Ziss flat bottom bl-2

Guppysnail

One of the vendors I know watched my GBR fry video. They asked why I turn my fluval flow through breeder box backwards hanging the box inside the tank eliminating the flow through option. They know I have a Ziss box from ACO (which I love for many things)and asked why I did not just use that.  

GBR hatchlings need more heat than an external hanging box can retain in my 68 degree home. GBR new hatch fry are small and  I’m not convinced they won’t get stuck in the bottom grate or fall through. Plus I cannot easily keep its grate vacuumed as much as I like. 
The other reason is they will graze on things like sera micron sitting in the bottom of a flat bottom breeder that falls through a grate floor. 

My friend sent me to an importer in our club who carries a few Ziss products. 

Ziss makes a flat bottom breeder box also 🤯 🎉 

With corydora hatching I have the same issue of food falling through the floor. I use a metal coffee filter but then cannot see through the sides making it less than ideal. 

Just wanted to share here in case anyone else has the same issues.  This solves so many issues for me. 

1F9DFFEC-5674-434A-A9F0-B3AEA610E023.jpeg

• Like 5

On 12/2/2023 at 5:28 AM, Guppysnail said:

My friend sent me to an importer in our club who carries a few Ziss products. 

Ziss makes a flat bottom breeder box also 🤯 🎉 

They have essentially 3-4 models of substance.  I'll use the term "course mesh" but they way they brand their products you have a finer and a course mesh.

Course mesh: 2 sides and 3 sides
Fine mesh: 2 sides

The co-op one in stock is the 3 sided version with the courser mesh panels.

Are you able to get the fine mesh one through your club?

zissbox.png

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/2/2023 at 5:09 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

They have essentially 3-4 models of substance.  I'll use the term "course mesh" but they way they brand their products you have a finer and a course mesh.

Course mesh: 2 sides and 3 sides
Fine mesh: 2 sides

The co-op one in stock is the 3 sided version with the courser mesh panels.

Are you able to get the fine mesh one through your club?

zissbox.png

The club member who imports only carries the 2 & 3. The 2 is pretty fine.  The GBR will grow large enough to be ok before they are strong enough swimmers to escape. 
The CPD I may lose a few but they avoid the sides once they free swim so I do not think it will be so much of an issue. It’s the bottom that was a problem. 

If it is I’ll keep my eye out for the 2tf. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2023 at 2:22 PM, Guppysnail said:

If it is I’ll keep my eye out for the 2tf. 

You can see the reviews on the co-op site for someone who ran into an issue with the course mesh.  I wasn't sure it would work at all with the corydoras being so tiny.... and my smaller fish breeding efforts I would like to try eventually.... so I've been holding off.  Everyone else that might have it in stock never seems to have the fine mesh one. 😞

• Thanks 1