New Tank Wobble

Lonkley

I just bought a 10 gallon Aqueon to start a shrimp tank. But when I put it on my desk, there is a slight wobble to it. One side is about the width of 3 credit cards off the desk to stop the wobble.   Is this normal? Should I just let the weight of it filled take care of it? Or add  a mat under it? It's for my desk, and the desk is level.   I've double checked that there's nothing on the frame or desk, both have been wiped down.

Video
https://photos.app.goo.gl/zcu9cBzpYxao1YXz9

image.png.b725f13c5e59bb93f4eb9a45810431ca.png

On 11/29/2023 at 7:40 AM, Tlindsey said:

I would take back to exchange for another 10 gallon. 

I would except it was the last one in stock. Also, I wanted to make sure I wasn't being unreasonable, and this is just how tanks are made these days. I haven't bought a new tank since the 90s, and quality isn't exactly the same..

• Like 1

PetCo in my area is selling 10 gallon tanks for $15, you shouldn't expect high quality with that price.

But as others have said, get a level/straight edge to see what the problem is. If it is the tank, exchange it when they get more in stock. 

For my framed tanks, I put felt weather striping on the bottom frame using Gorilla glue. 

Edited by madmark285

On 11/29/2023 at 8:20 AM, madmark285 said:

PetCo in my area is selling 10 gallon tanks for $15, you shouldn't expect high quality with that price.

That's the one.

Also, i'm apparently stocking a catfish.  It's not even cycled yet.

image.png.04613ad930160690334650ffdb2310ab.png

• Haha 10