Holiday deals from Co-op or Aquahuna?

As a lot of you know... I am starting a shrimp breeding project and I need supplies as I'm out of the planning stage and into the 'right-before-plan-execution' stage. But, everything is SO expensive (the cost of everything is $487.27 with tax) I have been looking at supplies from Buceplant and Aquarium Co-op (mainly Co-op) and everything got pretty expensive in the end. I saw the livestock needed from Aquahuna at a good price. But I digress. @Cory or anyone who knows, will there be a Black Friday/Thanksgiving/Christmas sale?

(not a complaint regarding price btw, just a question lol) 

Edited by Kaiju

Unlikely, IIRC the answer to this quesiton in the past has been that the Co-op already prices it's products low to be a good value and it's not a part of their sales strategy. The deals to be had are in the members section of the site, and those seem to come and go pretty quick.

On the plus side every day is Black Friday at the Co-op, no FOMO.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 11/22/2023 at 9:20 AM, Kaiju said:

As a lot of you know... I am starting a shrimp breeding project and I need supplies as I'm out of the planning stage and into the 'right-before-plan-execution' stage. But, everything is SO expensive (the cost of everything is $487.27 with tax) I have been looking at supplies from Buceplant and Aquarium Co-op (mainly Co-op) and everything got pretty expensive in the end. I saw the livestock needed from Aquahuna at a good price. But I digress. @Cory or anyone who knows, will there be a Black Friday/Thanksgiving/Christmas sale? \

(not a complaint regarding price btw, just a question lol) 

I was wondering the same thing. I can't recall any kind of black Friday sale last year but I'm also not sure if I was paying attention at the time LOL

• Administrators

2018 is the last time we ran the markup and sales strategy. We've never looked back. Our goal is always provide value to the customer. This means hassle free warranties, fast shipping, fair pricing, better materials in products etc.  No doubt there are deals out there, just hope that they are still around and willing to help after they make the sale.

Make sure you compare apples to apples. Something like a live plant might be half the price of ours. But you may get 1 single crypt vs a pot with 4-6 crypts. Shipping may be more expensive with them than our 7.99. We also include heat packs, which is up to a $5 charge with some companies, ours are free. Theirs are 48-72 hours, our heat packs are 96 hours. We also include liners for free to help with insulation as well. All on top of an algorithm that calculates all of that real time for us. So if we are busy, you aren't at the mercy of someone making a mistake during black Friday shipping, the algorithm handles it.

We want to be the brand that doesn't let you down after you purchase. There have been brands over the last 100 years that built a reputation on making it right, we want to be one of those brands. Rock bottom pricing, cutting corners to make profit doesn't leave you the room to make it right.  We want to earn and keep your trust, not make a sale once. Our value isn't always apparent to someone who is new to the hobby or doesn't look deeper. But over time we hope that they'll find us and the way we do business and enjoy the fact that when you buy from us we'll take care of you and you can buy it when you want not have to wait for a sale.

On 11/23/2023 at 1:26 PM, Cory said:

2018 is the last time we ran the markup and sales strategy. We've never looked back. Our goal is always provide value to the customer. This means hassle free warranties, fast shipping, fair pricing, better materials in products etc.  No doubt there are deals out there, just hope that they are still around and willing to help after they make the sale.

Make sure you compare apples to apples. Something like a live plant might be half the price of ours. But you may get 1 single crypt vs a pot with 4-6 crypts. Shipping may be more expensive with them than our 7.99. We also include heat packs, which is up to a $5 charge with some companies, ours are free. Theirs are 48-72 hours, our heat packs are 96 hours. We also include liners for free to help with insulation as well. All on top of an algorithm that calculates all of that real time for us. So if we are busy, you aren't at the mercy of someone making a mistake during black Friday shipping, the algorithm handles it.

We want to be the brand that doesn't let you down after you purchase. There have been brands over the last 100 years that built a reputation on making it right, we want to be one of those brands. Rock bottom pricing, cutting corners to make profit doesn't leave you the room to make it right.  We want to earn and keep your trust, not make a sale once. Our value isn't always apparent to someone who is new to the hobby or doesn't look deeper. But over time we hope that they'll find us and the way we do business and enjoy the fact that when you buy from us we'll take care of you and you can buy it when you want not have to wait for a sale.

So well said and a far better business model than so many out there! Thank you for doing what you do!

And Happy Thanksgiving!