Planted 125 build

Opie

I started with a 125 almost 10 years ago. I started with cichlids and with a DIY PVC overflow. I hated seeing the PVC , and hated the constant worry of the aqua lift pump failing.

I got to the point with the fish that I wanted more than cichlids. As you guessed introducing anything was time staking and still often failed.

I transitioned my cichlids to a new tank. And took down everything.

I am going to attempt to journal my journey here. More for my self but I welcome input.IMG_1247.jpeg.d5776ba47e2577d975768500c2e7a938.jpeg

• Love 1

I took my tank off the stand to do some updating on the stand. Painted the wall behind the tank and Painted it all dark brown. Removed the center door and built in a shelf. Added some rattan to the 2 outside doors, and putt trim around it to hide the edges of the rattan. I love how it came out. Next up resealing.IMG_1592.jpeg.cad4a393e7d656dd3d93c5e92ecc7c59.jpegIMG_1611.jpeg.c89cda894c914577a3eb79c9a5ab92c7.jpeg

• Like 1

Resealing

first, if you can, always get the tank low and away from any walls to re seal. 
This isn’t the first time I have resealed a tank, but I have not done it often. I taped all around and put me bead of silicone down. Next I pealed my tape. I went to get some fresh air and came back 15ish minutes later to find that edges of my bead curled up. I am guessing I should have pulled the tape as I went. I didn’t trust the seal with the curled edge. So… I scrapped it all off, and scrubbed and scrubbed as much of the residue off.

I reapplied and without tape and it worked much better.

• Like 1