Should I consider using root tabs in combination of liquid fertilizer?

Hi I been using just liquid fertilizer for my planted tank for the last three years with some degree of success, as you can see from the photos. My plants have been thriving with my Tiger Lotus sending out runners and growing baby plants. But i been noticing that some of the leaves of the adult plants had pin holes in them before the leaves started to rot away with BBA growing on them. While pruning and removing these leaves have been my current solution, I want to know if this just a normal process of the plant getting rid of older leaves or should I consider also using root tabs as well as liquid fertilizer since I'm using sand for the substrate. Also you may notice some of baby plants showing similar issues but those were the ones that I had to cut off and replant away from the mother plant since they were not getting enough light. If you do recommend root tabs how many should I consider using in my 75 gallon tank?

20231029_110826.jpg

20231029_110832.jpg

20231029_110836.jpg

I used NilcocG NA Thrive S All in one Fertilizer and just ran out of the stuff a week ago, but for dosage I only add in 10 pumps of liquid fertilizer once a week. Since its dosage is 1 pump per 5 gallons of water. I am thinking of switching to easy green instead since its cheaper 19.99 for 500ml compared to NilcocG 27.99 for 500ml. 

I use tabs sparingly as a supplement to the Easy Green. I would normally place a tab underneath a new or troubled plant.  In your situation 1 tablet about every 5-6 inches is the usual recommendation. My tab of choice for now is coming from Planted Aquarium Concepts.  They contain nutrients that EG doesn't use. Thrive root tabs are some of the cheapest out there and I may give them a try next time.  

Bentley Pascoe's presentation: "Finding Balance: Making Planted Tanks EASY! My aquarium plant talk at Keystone Clash 2023" talked about lean dosing.  The purpose being to keep a consistent amount of nutrients available.  In your case, instead of 10 pumps one a week, you would use two pumps daily.  Easy Green would be 1 pump per day.  You could skip a day or two and maintain your present dosing level, or you could dose everyday and bump it up. 

Your plants already look really good, so I would consider trying this method.

I like stuff in my substrate in general, root tabs being one thing I often add. My feeling toward it is this: if im neglecting something someone needs extra of through liquid fertilizer. They can alway hunt it out and asorb whatever nutrient im lacking through their roots.