Otocinclus and Repashy

TMartins

I think leaning towards more algae based ones would be a better idea as they are mainly herbivores. 

I had a group of 16 pygmy cories and 5 otocinlus. Both were schooling together. Otos were eating commercial food due to following pygmys and imitating whatever they do, including taking a gulp of air from the surface. It was sweet, however I guess animal protein rich food didnt do good for otos. I had no choice to stop them from eating the same stuff with pygmys other than seperating them. I lost one oto to bloating and I blame the animal protein rich food they eat with pygmys. 

So long story short, I would keep otos diet algae based mainly and try to offer surfaces and natural growth as much as I can in the tank.

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2023 at 11:18 AM, TMartins said:

I was listening to Cory’s past livestreams and I heard him say that Otocinclus will eat the Repashy Community Plus??  Has anyone had any luck or seen their Otocinclus actually eat the Community Plus??  Thanks

I want to say I have.... but I think something like super green or soilent green is more their jam.  At some point, for breeding, fish will need a protein source.  It's good to have some to offer, even if it's once a week. 

I rarely, ever see my otos eat.  They pretty much just do their own thing and the food is there for them in droves all over the surfaces on the tank, plant leaves, etc.

• Thanks 1