plant suggestions for very low Ph water - HELP!

I'm a black thumb in general, but I'm desperate to try to grow plants in my (9) tanks.

My water is very low Ph, low Kh, medium Gh.  I add crushed coral to try to raise up the Ph and Kh.

Any ideas on what plants (low tech only) I might be able to keep alive in acidic water?

substrate varies from tank to tank.  3 tanks have biohome gravel, 2 have sand, 1 has standard aquarium gravel, 1 small riverstone gravel, and 2 that have fluval stratum.  10gal up to 75 gallons in tank sizes.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 6:28 PM, wolfman_9234 said:

My water is very low Ph, low Kh, medium Gh.

what is the actual water parameters you have?

On 10/12/2023 at 6:28 PM, wolfman_9234 said:

Any ideas on what plants (low tech only) I might be able to keep alive in acidic water?

substrate varies from tank to tank.  3 tanks have biohome gravel, 2 have sand, 1 has standard aquarium gravel, 1 small riverstone gravel, and 2 that have fluval stratum.  10gal up to 75 gallons in tank sizes.

As Mmiller mentioned, that's the dream life for a lot of aquatic plants.  Low tech, I would highly recommend moss ledges and things like anubias.  Something like microsword should be pretty easy in the stratum tank.  I would try out some bacopa or hydrocotyle species too.  Those all tend to do well with minimal soil additives and using mostly liquid ferts.

In the case of chunkier gravel, sand, and even the stratum, be sure to add root tabs for those plants that need it.  In that case, crypts or a sword plant might be a great choice!  (swords get big, FYI)

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 1:01 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Given what your PH is showing and your KH. I would verify things with a secondary test via the LFS or something like a liquid GH and KH kit.

Your GH is very high. Zero KH showing. pH is below acceptable for a lot of fish species.

I may have just taken too long to take the picture.  All of my fish are thriving.  My black mollies, similis shellies, and even my sterbi corys and panda corys spawn regularly.  

• Like 1