Ruud's Tank collection (formerly "a 100 liter tank in Spain")

Ruud

On 10/26/2023 at 3:29 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Cc @Odd Duck

Basically the way I handle things is that I use a timer and turn the filter off to feed. After 20-30 minutes, then the filter comes back on and no big deal. The fish get used to it, but it gives the food a chance to get "stuck" on the bottom for the fish to graze on.

I was going to suggest exactly this. Turn the filter off for a bit, then turn it back on after your set time.  Some WiFi timers will have a setting that will do that for you so you don’t forget to turn it back on.

• Thanks 1

On 10/27/2023 at 7:59 AM, Ruud said:

Thats a good one @nabokovfan87 @Odd Duck . Right now I am feeding half a tablet more or less and take out the remains the following day and that stays on the bottom right now, but think if I would put in frozen brine shrimp or something... It would just disappear so turning of the filter might be an idea.

I’ve seen other members tie plant weights around green beans for their plecos. 

So I figured an update was due on my tanks as they sit currently: 

The planted tank now runs for about 6 weeks and goes really well so far I must say. I have just a tiny bit of brown algae on the glass that I scrape away every few days. I moved the java fern and the Anubis to other tanks and replaced them with some fast growing stem plants, and cut and replanted the red stem plant in the middle. This tanks currently holds the 8 lemon tetra's who have colored up really well, 2 left over Cardinal tetras, a juvenile moon fish and a balloon molly. I will add another 2 dwarf oto's and probably keep the stocking as is for now. 

I am happy to say plants seem to be growing well and happy and little to no algae

IMG_3741.JPG

Then next the L136 tank, not much to report. The two species I have are eating and seem to be doing well, seeing them a little bit more each time. I am expecting another 2 specimens to come in this week. 

IMG_3742.JPG

Then the final photo is my newly setup tank which will house the 5 Sterbai Cories (sadly 1 cory passed away this weekend, he got stuck in a pleco cave somehow and didn't recover). They need to move house from the 45x45x45 cube tank that needs a full rebuild to house the L134 group that supposed to arrive this week - pic to follow. I am going to setup the cube as a bare bottom with a piece of wood and various caves. 

IMG_3743.JPG

Edited by Ruud
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

So today was the day that finally my new L numbers would arrive: 5 x L134 at a surprisingly good size of around 5cm and 2x L136B (to complement the other pair I already had at around 3cm). Pics below:

I will be uploading updated pics of the 4 tanks later today if I get the chance! 

IMG_3795.jpg

IMG_3797.jpg

7180D857-EA07-4955-9781-CAE0B1C1D0A1.JPG

• Love 1