Amazing News! I was observing my terrarium last night when i saw Isopod Babies. I think they are A. vulgare because they look just like the adults only they are white.

I am sure these are isopod babies and not just springtails, and while I only spotted 2, I'm sure there are others scattered throughout the setup. Unfortunately very hard to photograph.

This is my first time breeding isopods and I'm super excited! Nice to see the A. vulgare are doing well, can't wait for the babies to start growing up!

IMG_0447.JPG.39023e9fea9c73bd458a2dffbe4ef666.JPG

Found this critter in my isopod setup, what is it and should i be concerned? IMG_0465.JPG.29f7b38f21769aafa65f400405d43a41.JPG

It reminds me of a moth almost

I also appear to have hit the sweet spot for growing mushrooms in my forest floor terrarium setup. Already they have started blooming all over the wood pieces. This is one time i'm glad i forgot to boil the wood.

IMG_0466.JPG.d3ff69d3b1bd78ccbdeaf096f5d60c60.JPG

Its been 3 weeks since I started dosing the mosquito bits, so far it has been working very well. I went from a takeover of fungus gnats, to 3-4 today, hopefully those ones will die and the invasion will have ended, very pleased with the end result.

I was also rather confused because i had heard A. vulgare had spawns of around 50, but in my setup i had only spotted 1-2 of them. Today i was moving some leaves around, assessing the situation of the fungus gnats, and i saw like 10-15 gathered under the leaves, so I probably had a full spawn of A. vulgare they are just hiding. Can't wait for them to grow up and really expand my numbers. (Unforunately most of them ran away when i lifted up the leaf and i could not get a good picture). They appear to have the classic Armidilidium body shape, but are small and mostly white. I assume they will gain coloration as they grow older.

IMG_0494.JPG.db91b4fcf95e3b247b3f4731f0d7c215.JPG