Lighting for 6ft long aquarium

Elyse

That's cool, I've been looking into the AI prime lights which I like but they are pretty hefty in price. I'm not good at DIY stuff and I don't necessarily like the look of having multiple 36" lights end to end. Any thoughts on lights that are similar to the AI prime lights that are mounted on arms but are not as expensive? 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 8:54 PM, Elyse said:

That's cool, I've been looking into the AI prime lights which I like but they are pretty hefty in price. I'm not good at DIY stuff and I don't necessarily like the look of having multiple 36" lights end to end. Any thoughts on lights that are similar to the AI prime lights that are mounted on arms but are not as expensive? 

AI will look washed out, I’d go Week Aqua (they have larger sizes) and won’t break the bank. WA has way better color spectrum and insane PAR. Chihiros is good too but over priced at this point.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 9:54 PM, Elyse said:

My lesson learned on a 4 foot tank is to have multiple lights instead of one full length. I have some plants that require lower light, but also want some of the reds that require higher lighting. I am now having to get creative to shade some of my larger Anubias and filter sections of the light to prevent algae. 2 smaller lights would allow me to create zones in the tank. 

Just my two cents.... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2023 at 7:06 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

I do. I use a Yugang Reator (horizontal CO2 reactor) because of the large size of the tank.

IMG_0400.jpeg

I’ve always wondered how reactors work. I know you can hook them up with canister filters but don’t understand how that works. I’ve tried and struggled with getting good distribution of CO2 with a diffuser and had no luck, ended up giving up

On 10/4/2023 at 5:08 PM, Elyse said:

I’ve always wondered how reactors work. I know you can hook them up with canister filters but don’t understand how that works. I’ve tried and struggled with getting good distribution of CO2 with a diffuser and had no luck, ended up giving up

They basically just dissolve the CO2 in the water inside a chamber. As the tank gets larger, it becomes more difficult with the traditional style reactors. The Yugang reactor eliminates a lot of effort and makes injecting a larger tank effortless.

On 10/4/2023 at 7:16 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

They basically just dissolve the CO2 in the water inside a chamber. As the tank gets larger, it becomes more difficult with the traditional style reactors. The Yugang reactor eliminates a lot of effort and makes injecting a larger tank effortless.

Could you send me a product link? I think it would be helpful for my 125 gallon aquarium!