Harpsandfish

Is it likely that honey Gouramis would eat Amano shrimp? Are Amano shrimp nocturnal or very shy? I added a pair of honey Gouramis and four Amano shrimp to my planted community tank two days ago; the shrimp went right to work on some algae and all seemed well. Yesterday I was able to spot just one, today none so far. I have been accused of having an obsession, as I have spent so much time trying to spot them. 😉There are places for them to hide, and they are quite small, so...

Check the floor and stand around the outside of your tank. Amanos are pretty decent escape artists especially when they are exploring a new environment. I'm not saying they will escape, but they certainly can. They climb very well and their legs can support them out of water.

• Like 1

Yikes! Well, if that happened then it’s likely that Kitty had a nice snack, but the way the lid fits I can’t see that happening. Tonight before I turn in I’ll try the flashlight trick. I had forgotten that our kids used to go shrimping in Friday Harbor at night with flashlights.😉

Thanks for the reply!