Aquarium leveling

GBrymer

I need some advice on how level an aquarium needs to be. Let me explain my situation. I recently setup a 40 breeder on a metal stand from a big box store. I diligently worked to level the stand and aquarium perfectly, however, I can’t seem to get one side perfect. Length wise and on one side it’s perfectly level. The other side I can’t get perfectly level without throwing all the other side out of wack. The picture attach is as close as I can get the one side level.

Is that close enough or will this cause problems? 

I have tried leveling the the aquarium empty and full, same result. 

Thank you in advance for your advice. IMG_0414.jpeg.6493706eb1ae1ed59d0727f6c5a04ffc.jpeg

I was told by my family member who was in construction… as long as the bubble is in between the black lines, it’s considered level. I certainly hope that’s true because it is impossible for me to get the bubble exactly dead center on all 4 sides of this 75g tank!

Edited by FLFishChik
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2023 at 8:20 PM, FLFishChik said:

I was told by my family member who was in construction… as long as the bubble is in between the black lines, it’s considered level. I certainly hope that’s true because it is impossible for me to get the bubble exactly dead center on all 4 sides of this 75g tank!

Yes as long as the bubble is within the two black lines it is level. Believe me, in my 35+ years of fish keeping, I have had tanks that are far more off than what yours is. 

• Like 1

I don't know if any of my tanks are level.  I live in an old house on concrete blocks, so a tank could be off level in one direction for a while, then it rains and it's off level in the other direction a week later.

Having the tank on a flat surface is important however.  If it's on a surface that's twisted it puts strain on the tank and can cause it to start leaking.

• Like 1