Odd neocaridinia

wweste4721

That is really cool. I’ve had the mottled red appear on clear background but I’ve not seen yellow with orange mottles. 

If you like it try to create a color line. Shrimp are like guppies in the color department these days. Several folks at my club have started unique neo lines. 

• Like 1

Whether or not you cull it is totally up to you.

You could use it and its genetics to refine that pattern in a separate line of your shrimp, or cull it. 

Reminds me of a rili. Many of my rili culls look like that.

This is not a cull, but you can see the similarity. (My culls don't have a nicely refined clear band like this and can have more of a partial mottled look like yours).

OR_10.jpg.6e5439135afb86577a13351e99390d58.jpg

Edited by tolstoy21
  • Like 2

On 9/13/2023 at 6:54 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

What’s been cool recently was things that were whispered about like purples and metallics are now out there and available (although at exorbitant $$).

Yeah, I've seen these listed a few times. I don't think the genes are that stable yet to make it worthwhile to spend the money. Also, I think the coloration changes, or becomes more subtle or more vibrant (or goes away), depending on environment (substrate, light, water params) etc. But I'm sure this is the same with all new variants and it's just a waiting game.

Found a picture of where I saw them . . . 

image.png.7f2bb2f2198b44362d6067c130f02062.png

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 11:57 AM, wweste4721 said:

interested in the red blotches appearing on the yellow/orange shell I've never personally seen it

Ah, you know I didn't even notice that. It is interesting and I do like the idea of Koi Neo!

Edited by tolstoy21