Good Morning Fishkeepers

CJs Aquatics

Already fed a mix of white and grindal worms. 

This weekend started preseason football for hubby. That means Sundays are fundays for fishkeeping. I use this day to watch and make tiny adjustments or do the little maintenance things I normally put off because I run out of time. 

Im going to wash a bag of Carib Sea jungle river sand. I’m replacing the gravel in the Aspidora spilotus/ Psuedomugil luminatus tank this week. 

Prune emergent jungles. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/13/2023 at 10:59 AM, CJs Aquatics said:

@Guppysnail wow that’s gonna be a busy but fun day

Well, what I actually accomplished today….

Watched the Laetacara juveniles for hours trying to figure out which are boys and girls. Trying to figure out if they are fighting or flirting. Got sidetracked watching Apisto fry. Then was mesmerized by tadpoles for awhile. 

My substrate is still in the bag 🤣🤣🤣

Accomplished today…stared at fish 👀 

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

I'm attempting to add red plants to a 70 gal.   To that end I'm going to add an in line diffuser for CO2 to the tank filter.   After reading @EVoyager31 's  horrifying post about finding  70 gallons of water on the floor  I'm not sure I'll be able to breathe during the process. Also looking for every zip tie and hose clamp in the tool box.  

• Like 2

This morning I will be replenishing the Duckweed in the large community tank.

They say the grass (plants) are always greener on the other side of the fence.  Last night I saw one of the Silver Dollars probing the gap in the fish fence.  It was trying to get to a long strand of PSO.  I got to watch one of the Angel Fish on the green side of the fence match the SD move for move in a blocking maneuver. These fish normally ignore each other.

• Like 1