How to sanitize a planted tank after all my fish died?

FishRKool28

My first mistake was being impatient and not waiting til my water parameters were good before adding fish, my second mistake was adding fish when I knew I was going out of town… home just now and I have 2 fish left swimming around together, I’m going to get the dead fish out and do water change. I feel bad for the fish 😔, I feel like they died because of my impatience 

On 7/9/2023 at 5:49 PM, FishRKool28 said:

My first mistake was being impatient and not waiting til my water parameters were good before adding fish, my second mistake was adding fish when I knew I was going out of town… home just now and I have 2 fish left swimming around together, I’m going to get the dead fish out and do water change. I feel bad for the fish 😔, I feel like they died because of my impatience 

Started with 18 neon tetras Thursday and now Sunday at 5:50pm I have 2 left 😔 

What I would do is test daily if your test shows any ammonia or nitrite do a 50%water change and add a double dose of prime or Fritz complete to help detoxify any ammonia or nitrite till your ammonia and nitrite constantly stay at zero I think this was a water quality issue that killed most of your fish I would just monitor for now and keep up with water changes I wouldn't disinfect your tank