What is my Amazon sword doing?!

Penny

I was wondering if anyone knows what my Amazon sword is up to?

Based on non aquatic plants, to me it looks like a flower spike.. it's growing really fast... I'd guess 1-2 inches a day. Is there anything I need to do? Like more/less light? I'm assuming it must be happy 😃 

I'm so excited by it, even if I don't know what it is!

20201110_131952.jpg

20201110_132009.jpg

1 hour ago, Penny said:

Based on non aquatic plants, to me it looks like a flower spike.. it's growing really fast... I'd guess 1-2 inches a day. Is there anything I need to do? Like more/less light? I'm assuming it must be happy 😃 

20201110_131952.jpg

20201110_132009.jpg

Wow yes mines grows rapidly fast too to the point the leaves was reaching the surface. I basicly  just trim mine. That looks like somethings about to bloom😳👍🏾👍🏾🙌🏾

1605030839286814180937116585805.jpg

• Like 1

What you have is a mother plant. very good. Let it develop the babies on the shoot . When you are satisfied with there size. and roots are developed on the babies. Trim them off and plant in the tank. Free plants. Leave some of the shoot an it may develop more babies . Good luck Al M

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2020 at 11:42 AM, Penny said:

20201110_131952.jpg

20201110_132009.jpg

Am so glad you are having such good growth from this plant.  My first experiences with Amazon sword were not as favorable.  Root tabs saved my plants and opinions of this plant, lol.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, thank you!

It's grown up and out of the tank by about 5" now, I hope thats ok.. I'm a bit limited for space in my little tanks.  

I guess it would be a shame if I had to get another one.. or two, to house my babies! 😉

• Haha 1