Howdy from Washington

Hello everyone!

I'm from the Pacific Northwest and have enjoyed the aquarium hobby since I was a little kid and a friend of the family gave me their old hexagon tank. The last couple years I've been tankless as I was moving and not in a permanent home, but my wife and I have our house now and I'm looking to getting back into things. I picked up a ten gallon tank with the intention of doing a "big" nano setup/aquascape. I look forward to chatting with everyone. 

• Like 2

On 6/7/2023 at 5:48 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Hi @AceMcCannon! Welcome to the forum! Do start a thread for your tank we love to see a build! Lots of friendly people here to help if you need any help! 

Thanks Inked. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. It wouldn't kill me to start a thread, though it might be boring. 😹

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 8:00 AM, Randall H said:

Hello and welcome!

Thank you!

On 6/11/2023 at 4:15 PM, Schuyler said:

Welcome fellow washingtonian!

Lots of us in western Washington. If you're getting back into it, if recommend joining the GSAS. If nothing else you'll get a discount at local aquarium stores.

Thank you. Sounds like a good time, wouldn't hurt to hang out and make new acquaintances. 

On 6/7/2023 at 5:48 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Hi @AceMcCannon! Welcome to the forum! Do start a thread for your tank we love to see a build! Lots of friendly people here to help if you need any help! 

Regarding tank builds, are those posted in the journal section?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 2:11 PM, AceMcCannon said:

Hello everyone!

I'm from the Pacific Northwest and have enjoyed the aquarium hobby since I was a little kid and a friend of the family gave me their old hexagon tank. The last couple years I've been tankless as I was moving and not in a permanent home, but my wife and I have our house now and I'm looking to getting back into things. I picked up a ten gallon tank with the intention of doing a "big" nano setup/aquascape. I look forward to chatting with everyone. 

Welcome aboard! You can do so much with a 10 gallon aquarium, there are incredible options. Happy fish keeping!

• 2 weeks later...