Amazon puffers and pea puffers

Rachie

Rachie,

Amazon Puffers typically only surf the glass when they are bored sometimes when they are stressed. How new is the puffer? My amazon really only glass surfs right before I feed them and sometimes in the filter flow but otherwise she is more exploring around the tank and decorations. 

I’ve had them for a month. They just finished quarantine, so I moved them to their forever home. I just don’t want anything bad to happen. I lost two after they shipped them. They were barely moving. Really skinny. I was really saddened by that as they are my unicorn pet. Any ideas for keeping them engaged?

I saw this tpoic and figured I should ask my question here: I currently have 2 pea puffers, I am planning down the road to merge my 3 small tanks into one 75 or 80 gallon tank, I am worried because I have amazon Frogs and Mystery snails, would the pea puffer try to eat the mystery snails? even though the snails are huge? 

15 minutes ago, kryptonian said:

I saw this tpoic and figured I should ask my question here: I currently have 2 pea puffers, I am planning down the road to merge my 3 small tanks into one 75 or 80 gallon tank, I am worried because I have amazon Frogs and Mystery snails, would the pea puffer try to eat the mystery snails? even though the snails are huge? 

I am no expert but I do have six Pea Puffers of varying sizes. The largest seem to eat very small pest snails. I have yet to find a larger shell that has the look of being eaten by either a fish or puffer. 

I don't know where you are but you may want to medicate them, I did the med trio when I brought my peas home during quarantine. They could have worms which are making them lethargic. Before I started medicating I have had peas just get skinny and die despite giving them snails and worms to eat. I currently have 4 peas in the same tank with my Amazon Puffer. I know it shouldn't work but they get along really well. They kind of shoal together at times. 

I think I would try medicating to see if that helps. Giving them things to explore will help as well.