The endler guy

So I recently got more fish for my 40 b 

some neons and a female Bolivian ram

first or second day after getting them I found one neon dead. Ok fine probably just didn’t acclimate well enough

since then about every day I have came home to one of the new neons dead, no big deal probably just acclimated wrong 

yesterday I came back to a neon and a ember tetra dead, I figured not that important I’ll put it on the back burner (I didnt really have time to do anything because I have been busy)

but to day I came home to a male endler dead

definitely sketchy  

parameters 

no3- 10

no2- 0

Gh 300 

kh 120

ph 6.4 

cl 0

nh4- 0 

all the dead fish seem visually fine (ie no spots or parasites) and they all were acting fine 

mind you all of the old fish (endlers, and embers) have been in basically the exact parameters for months so them dying from parameters is unlikely 

@Coluany thoughts?

On 6/2/2023 at 11:39 PM, The endler guy said:

The growth on the neon tetra is worse I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t last the night 

With daily fish lose  I would be leaning towards a bacterial infections I would treat with kanaplex or maracyn2  and a Small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons if it were a parasitic infections from the new fish you added it wouldn't typically kill fish this quickly update if you see any other symptoms 

On 6/3/2023 at 1:34 PM, The endler guy said:

Another tiger endler male died, this time it was stuck in spookies mouth

i don’t think it’s him eating them but I’m not sure 

Have you started treating with more fish lose it sound like a fast moving bacterial infections columnaris can kill fish quickly and you don't always get symptoms before they die the most effective treatment for columnaris is a combination of kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs containing nitrofurazone following this treatment plan it's also my go to treatment for other more serious bacterial infections 

IMG_20230115_235240.jpg

Edited by Colu

On 6/3/2023 at 8:52 AM, Colu said:

Have you started treating with more fish lose it sound like a fast moving bacterial infections columnaris can kill fish quickly and you don't always get symptoms before they die the most effective treatment for columnaris is a combination of kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs containing nitrofurazone following this treatment plan it's also my go to treatment for other more serious bacterial infections 

IMG_20230115_235240.jpg

I don’t have the meds so I probably am going to pick it up, I think it may not be disease related as all the dead fish are smaller neon tetras ember tetras or smaller MALE endlers also doesn’t help I found a tiger endler in mr spooks mouth

also none of the fish (except the one neon tetra) have no symptoms when they were dead or alive and they all were still colored up

all of the fish are acting normal so I think it may be a VERY naughty ram

i got clearance to set up a temporary tank for spooks to see if the deaths stop

and if he is the culprit I’m not really sure what I’m going to do 

On 6/3/2023 at 7:40 PM, The endler guy said:

I started medication with melafix (all I could get my hands on) almost certain it’s not spooks now because I found a medium sized female endler dead with messed up mouth 

Melafix is more like a mild antiseptic treatment it will do nothing for more severe bacterial infections you need antibiotic treatment like the ones I recommended or maracyn2 and high dose of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 1 gallon 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 7:26 PM, Colu said:

Melafix is more like a mild antiseptic treatment it will do nothing for more severe bacterial infections you need antibiotic treatment like the ones I recommended or maracyn2 and high dose of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 1 gallon 

it seemed like it worked, i have had a DREMATIC decrease in deaths today (only 1 so far)