Urgent: can’t find meds for anchor worm in stores

Phoenixfishroom

I don’t have any idea how this got through quarantine, but I have an anchor worm outbreak. I am pretty devastated, I have never seen this before and the prognosis doesn’t sound great. I need to break out the big guns on this right away. Does anyone know where to get potassium permanginate in person over the counter? Sounds like that is my best bet but I need to be able to get it tomorrow and can’t figure out where to go.
If anyone knows where I can go or knows of an equally effective med that is easier to get please let me know. Thanks 

Lufenuron is what has been suggested to me as the best and easiest to find treatment for anchorworms by a true expert that runs a famous public aquarium.  Here’s what he sent me.  I also found mention of the Diflubenzuron treatment when I was doing some reading for other options since lufenuron is nearly impossible to find in the USA at this point.

Anchorworm treatment: lufenuron at 0.1 mg/L - the exact dose would depend on the concentration of liquid or size of tablet you can find.  Will almost certainly kill all crustaceans and probably kill all snails.

Diflubenzuron (Dimilin-X for koi is one brand I found) 0.03 mg/L for 1 week effective and safe for fish.   Liquid: 1 teaspoon treats 500 gallons so 1 mls treats 100 gallons (0.1 mls/10 gallons).  Repeat dosing in 3-5 days.  Max treatment is 3 dosages per month.  Will kill all crustaceans and very likely to kill all snails. 

• Like 5

On 4/27/2023 at 9:01 AM, Phoenixfishroom said:

The problem was that I couldn’t find any of those things anywhere local i ordered and used paraguard until it arrived thanks

Yep, they are problematic to find.  Paraguard likely doesn’t;t do much for anchorworms, but might at least be enough to keep them from reproducing, hopefully, until you can get the right stuff.