Jet lifter

rockfisher

Has anyone hade a jetlifter for a matten filter. There are plans for one with a 3d printer. I don’t have a 3d printer. I have seen the you tube videos. I really want to just buy one but the prices seem high. Has any one made or had someone one make a few. I am looking for five. 46458CDC-9238-4634-97EC-BA619B544BE8.jpeg.35aac9a5e6146a9ad0def5a1dc444111.jpegI’m looking for the grey piece. Any help out there. Any one with a 3d printer 

• Like 1

I’m not that savvy but I have the place where I got the file 

cults3d.com/en/3d-model/gadget/turbo-exhausted-wikeee

On 4/17/2023 at 4:39 AM, rockfisher said:

I’m not that savvy but I have the place where I got the file 

cults3d.com/en/3d-model/gadget/turbo-exhausted-wikeee

This probably doesn’t help. I downloaded a zipped file on the desktop. I’m not sure where to go from there. I’m not even sure it can be done. I know I can make one with some pvc but I’m not getting the results I wantimage.jpg.8ed5ebec4f0a25ac211de0825e39ded5.jpgimage.jpg.38257adf0ee4813e0257c13c7096bd47.jpg

Okay here is what I know.

1. I can 3d print the this file.

2. I have no idea what this this is supposed to do, therefore I can not test this print when finished 

3. It will print at any size I choose. Therfore we need to use a universal size pipe so that I can be sure it will fit when assembled.

4. I can mail it when finished to you via usps in a small box (6"×4"x3"). First class mail should be in the range in $4 to $8.

5. I am willing to help if you are willing to as well.

6. The print will be the grey part in your photos. So you would need to make the rest (likely from PVC pipe).

Let me know.

Edited by Tommy Vercetti

Whoa, look what I found on the interwebs:

Mattenfilter-5.5-gal-kit.jpg.0ac91f443ad9da8f29ac16af8fbdcaea.jpg

this 3d printed model is better, in my opinion, for the following reasons:

1. Simple design (I can make an .STL on under 15 minutes)

2. you can drill the holes in a size / quantity to match your air pump.

3. stronger because the PVC is bearing the load (not the 3d printed part)

• Love 1

The easy way is to just use heat to bend some PVC pipe into the curved shape you want then simply drill a hole in it near the bottom and slide some airline in and attach an airstone, or just use the bubbles with no airstone. They're just gently moving water, so they don't need to be overly fancy. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 1:44 PM, gardenman said:

The easy way is to just use heat to bend some PVC pipe into the curved shape you want then simply drill a hole in it near the bottom and slide some airline in and attach an airstone, or just use the bubbles with no airstone. They're just gently moving water, so they don't need to be overly fancy. 

That's no fun! we want custom, overly complex parts here. 🙉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/17/2023 at 3:42 PM, A3M0N said:

I'm just curious here, what makes a Jetlifter different than a normal lift tube? Sorry, I don't have any input for 3D printing, other than it's really neat. 

I have no idea. I have never even heard of one before this thread. 

I did print it though:

20230417_160909.jpg.914c00d4be779032ad6c5d09284e8ec4.jpg

The little hose barb is probably a bit fragile but the fit on 1/2" PVC pipe is excellent. 

Edited by Tommy Vercetti
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2023 at 5:42 PM, A3M0N said:

I'm just curious here, what makes a Jetlifter different than a normal lift tube?

I have a bunch of these on matten filters.  They work amazing well!  The collar evenly distributes air around the tube, which has little holes in in from which the air escapes up the tubes.  These things move volumes of water that are similar to fairly sizable power heads, but with just air.  I've tried knock-off ones, and there is a very appreciable in my experience.  To me it's worth the money to get the real deal. 

• Like 3

On 4/17/2023 at 3:10 PM, Tommy Vercetti said:

I made this file. it would fit 3/4" PVC exactly:

Diyjetlift.png.20beb639f0676d206c5af12ecdf5b292.png

I guess 1/2" PVC pipe would be a more appropriate size

That’s it. The 3/4 is what I was lookin for but 1/2 is worth a try. Sorry I’m in the hospital I haven’t been ignoring you. 

It’s a simple filter. I’m just trying to get the flow without a power head. I think I need to take a break because I’m losing trade of my thoughts and not feeling well. Yes they can be ordered on line but the are hard to find and sorry I’m all over the place. Thank you @Tommy Vercetti feel free to message me I would be interested in getting some from you

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 4:44 PM, gardenman said:

It doesn’t have the power. The idea is to remove the air stone. Increate that membrane.

On 4/17/2023 at 8:43 PM, TCoach said:

There is a video on the channel with Dean making something similar for a portable blue tub pond.  Super easy to do with pvc parts.

I have several of the ones Dean made and the flow is not strong enough for what I need. What Dean did works for the purpose it was designed for. I love mine and use them for my guppy breeding. The only issue is the pump is to small in dean’s video. I have had discussion with Cory about it. 

On 4/17/2023 at 3:10 PM, Tommy Vercetti said:

I made this file. it would fit 3/4" PVC exactly:

Diyjetlift.png.20beb639f0676d206c5af12ecdf5b292.png

I guess 1/2" PVC pipe would be a more appropriate size

That’s it. The 3/4 is what I was lookin for but 1/2 is worth a try. Sorry I’m in the hospital I haven’t been ignoring you. 

@A3M0Nthere is more flow.you create more pressure. You drill small holes in the inner pipe. This may explain it better than I can in my state

It has more of the science behind it. Both work. I’m breeding some special plecos and one of the breeders o trust suggested a set up like his with the higher flow. He said the doesn’t have any problems get the “jetlifter” there and for not as much as I have found them here online.

Edited by rockfisher
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 7:10 PM, Tommy Vercetti said:

I have no idea. I have never even heard of one before this thread. 

I did print it though:

20230417_160909.jpg.914c00d4be779032ad6c5d09284e8ec4.jpg

The little hose barb is probably a bit fragile but the fit on 1/2" PVC pipe is excellent. 

Thanks perfect

On 4/18/2023 at 1:12 AM, Schuyler said:

I made something similar if you want to check it out here:

Love it I think I have a place to use that.