Lennie Posted April 2 Share Posted April 2 (edited) Yes, you read it correctly. I used to think algae is harmless and a part of the natural system so I was not overthinking about it. But personally, I no longer think it is harmless at this point. My java moss and driftwood started growing hair algae at some point. It is really annoying, but if it is no harm, it is fine I thought. I was wrong. I have seen my rabbit snail got stuck to the hair algae from its head and was not able to move. I have seen my rummy nose almost choking on algae when it tried to eat small food particles over the algae, algae got into its gills, and it was like a dog on leash. He made it out it in a minute or so when I was washing my hands to try to help. I have seen my berried shrimp got her leg stuck on the hair algae so she was desperately trying to get rid of it. I was again lucky enough to see and save her. And today, I have seen my juvenile angel got stuck in it as a whole when I came home. That was literally the last straw. Happy to taking this tank down soon, and instantly threw all moss to trashcan as I no longer have shrimp and potential babies in this tank. Besides it potentially looking unpleasant to some, these are all scenarios I was lucky enough to witness. There is probably many more that we can't even be able to see as none of us have time to watch the tanks all the time. what do you guys think? Anyone had similar experiences? OR are you guys on team algae 😄 Team algae :D! : Edited April 2 by Lennie Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now