Easy Plant LED Questions

Jim O

Two questions for ACO:

When using the light with a timer (I already use TP-Link Kasa smart plugs, as you recommend, with other lights), does it still gently ramp up and down when powering on and off?

As I write this, your site shows all but the 24-inch version as unavailable. Do you have an estimate as to when the other sizes will be back in stock (it's the 30-inch unit I'd initially be trying)?

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 6:28 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

@Jim O Hello, welcome to the forums!  I would recommend emailing support if you don't receive the answers from the team here.

Cc @Candi @Zenzo can you help us out!?

Thanks. I had mistakenly thought that Aquarium Co-Op provided customer support via this forum, since there's a link to it in the "help" and "contact us" sections of the web site...

On 4/2/2023 at 9:13 AM, Jim O said:

Thanks. I had mistakenly thought that Aquarium Co-Op provided customer support via this forum, since there's a link to it in the "help" and "contact us" sections of the web site...

No worries at all! I wanted to make sure you got some assistance. 🙂

Yep, it does the same ramp on/off on a timer.  I have mine on a Kasa. 

There was one size they didn't initially have in stock, which might have been the 24"? 

I think Cory mentioned something on the order of a month or so for the next shipment?  It was on a live stream. 

Source: I own a 48" ACO light and also my memory. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

The ramp up of our lights is quick, like over a few seconds. We find that it doesn't startle the fish this way.  Light should be in within the next 2 weeks if everything goes to plan.

As for getting help, the forum is definitely a place to get help, lots of hobbyists here can help you with fish and plant questions. However with product related questions our actual customer service can assist you better as we have dedicated staff. Tagging a couple of people on here, those people can be busy or on vacation. I myself didn't get tagged and didn't see this. But our the customer service is staffed every day.

On 4/2/2023 at 10:55 AM, Cory said:

The ramp up of our lights is quick, like over a few seconds. We find that it doesn't startle the fish this way.  Light should be in within the next 2 weeks if everything goes to plan.

As for getting help, the forum is definitely a place to get help, lots of hobbyists here can help you with fish and plant questions. However with product related questions our actual customer service can assist you better as we have dedicated staff. Tagging a couple of people on here, those people can be busy or on vacation. I myself didn't get tagged and didn't see this. But our the customer service is staffed every day.

Thank you very much for your response!

On 4/2/2023 at 10:27 AM, jwcarlson said:

Yep, it does the same ramp on/off on a timer.  I have mine on a Kasa. 

Thank you!