Thanks so much! One of the tubs has a lovely mixture of pond snails, ramshorn snails, blackworms, and scuds.

Another one has only blackworms that I’ve picked out one by one to start a blackworm-only culture (the rousing time I have, picking through worms, lol). 

One of the tubs is now housing a single red-eyed silver tetra, which came along with an aquarium I bought yesterday from a lady on FB. That’s the only one with a little tiny heater in it. The others stay at about 70F/21.1C. They all have filters, albeit crude ones, since I ran out of sponge filters, and made some of my own with deli containers, stones and filter floss.

And the fourth one isn’t up yet because I can’t find any more t-joints to split air pumps. I’m not sure what to put in that one. Any suggestions?

3F3E78FF-BAE3-4084-B754-06EACE514539.jpeg

14BE3F01-922B-4554-B722-4F058F64C727.jpeg

A1B3EDF7-305E-4218-9381-DA63C1447226.jpeg

5F514640-2B96-4C64-B252-073D8785E463.jpeg

56228773-B605-4127-B0CD-AC111DB38CCB.jpeg

Edited by Elodie Rose
  • Like 1

How big is the tub?  My LFS keeps getting paradise fish in and says they can go in outdoor tubs. I think they are crazy cool though I don’t know much about them. I watch them everytime I go in. Like very fiesty but much hardier betta fish that can live in a group. 
I can definitely give you a few scoops of shrimp for the tub and any other tanks you want to put them in. 

• Love 1

There are fry in the koi guppy tank!!!!

So, Obie has been returned to the Neon tank in the red room. I gave the Mamas a little food to chase around, and put some powder fry food in, and turned the light off. Good luck lil guys! I’ll look more tomorrow, this was the first time I’ve seen them. They’re itty bitty. I can’t recall if they’re too big for vinegar eels, I need to check. Sera Micron is what I put in, a tiny bit. 

There’s a Muppy tank now, with a bunch of the fry from the 2.5 that needed more room to grow out.  I didn’t realize how quickly they’d get bigger, I guess grindal worms and fry food a time or three a day will have that effect. 

Simon and River are in their new digs, a 10 gallon, with some of the blue-gold guppies. And at least one or two bright orange ones. So far nothing else has changed, nothing else has been added, except a submersible light, since the tank hood light is toast. That submersible is making the rounds, I guess, its the one I’d put in the 2.5, but the GBR kiddos needed it more, there’s no window near their tank. And I do love that they’ll be on the sunrise-noon-sunset schedule that I prefer.

There’s a bunch of hornwort in their tank at the top, and the rest is filled out with fake plants and caves. The only new elements are the glass box and the light, so I really hope the transition will be easy on them.

I do like that light, but I’ll use what I can get, I’ve been getting resourceful lately. Some of the videos like Albert’s are just really great at showing how much is possible with materials that are on hand.  

Started transferring water out of the infernal tub and into a sensible tub, which I scrubbed out today. It’s half the size. It needs a sponge filter, but I need a t-joint. I don’t know how to get around that one. But it will happen soon.

Not sure how Jar C turned into a green water culture, but I love it. I have eco-soil or fluval or something in each of the other 3 pickle jars, and they’re outside on the patio table to get as much sun as possible. I’ve added a little plant fertilizer and some of the water from Jar C, so I guess we’ll see what happens with D, E, and F. Would love it if they could be green water cultures as well. 

Leonora is currently in the Pastel 10, Violetta and Alba are in the 6, Elvira is in the bedroom 5, and Darling is currently sharing a 5 with the Panda Lady, but one of them is going to go be Leonora’s roomie instead when I get that tank divided. And Darling will probably keep that 5, which has been established for quite a while.

Out of all the queens, Darling and Elvira are my favorites. I interact with them the most, and they interact with me when I’m near the tank. The others can be very skittish, but Darling is just sassy as all get out, and Elvira is very bold.

Tested all the tanks recently, no nitrites anywhere, and not enough nitrates in several. Pothos is quite a little powerhouse. I’d like to shift from water lettuce to hornwort and contained salvia, if that’s possible. The crypt and anubias nana in the Jacaranda 10 are doing well, but some of the water lettuce is rotting. It’s very gross and I do need to remove some or all of it. But there are itty bitty red shrimp in that tank, and I hate to disturb them, they’re always in and on the roots, and they’re super adorable. The only things in that tank now are the Endlers, a ton of snails of many kinds, and the shrimp. I keep testing it, and if ammonia or nitrite appear, then I’ll remove the icky roots that look as if they’re melting. Ugh. Though while they’re apparently a playground for teeny shrimpettes, maybe I’ll just wait a bit longer. 

Each of their little worlds are improving, bit by bit. ❤️ 

2B2E51B8-70B8-4CB5-BC27-2AC169092343.jpeg

02354F2A-E9B6-4D95-91F7-C2A1A8D28E9C.jpeg

• Love 1

Oops sorry, I read things while I’m at work and think that I will remember to respond when I get off work. That’s not very realistic of me. 

Paradise fisshhhhhhh omg. That does sound amazing. But I’m pretty sure every container I own is going to be filled with guppies soon, lol. But I’m going to take you up on those shrimp sometime soon! 😄

That’s a neat idea for the tubs, thank you! I’ve never kept a least killifish, or any kind of killi, I’ll have to read up on them. The tubs are… maybe 3-4 gallon and 5-6 gallon, I’ll check again soon. They’re not big, I was thinking of them as live food cultures, until the tank I bought came with a tetra. Who will go to another home when I can figure out where that should be, and that it’s healthy. I actually love the idea of keeping a tub as a quarantine tank though, like Irene does, from Girl Talks Fish. I’ve never had a dedicated snail tank before, that’s a thought, too. I’m starting to get some red ramshorn snails that are just stunning. 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many things have happened! So many that I’ve spent my extra moments tending to fish instead of posting about them. The record keeping is important too. 

PANDAS IN THE HOUUUUUSE, lol :-D. I’ve been gifted with the care of an entire herd of Panda Cories, and while I wish they didn’t have to be separated, they’re in a couple groups now, large groups in Dragon (they’re the Knights of the Dragon) and Jacaranda, and a smaller group in the Emerald tank.

They are GuppySnail’s kiddos, and are both adorable and incredibly precious.  I have a large group of habrosus cories in the Redroom 10, but I don’t get as much time with that tank as I should. 

Speaking of the Redroom tank, the double longfinned neon tetras that I bought from Aqua Huna have been rehomed with a neon tetra enthusiast, which is good for all involved, I think, and hope. The male fancy guppies are still in there, Dearborn and Emeric, Domino and Ringo, Obie, and Leo. 

Cyan and Albion are in the Mosaic tank, with a divider between them and Violetta and Alba. Alba is still struggling, I’m going to try some Prazi Pro, as soon as it gets here. I can’t afford to have *every* medicine in stock, and am annoyed about that fact. There are half a dozen I keep handy, but I that isn’t one of them. Dansfish imports their guppies from Israel now, I think, and it was mentioned on Steenfott’s tour that they do better when treated with Prazi as soon as they arrive. 

I also learned that guppies giving birth soon after arrival might not be a good thing. Still researching that one.

Vinny’s tail is looking very bad, and it seems like he is getting picked on wherever he goes. To be fair, I should have named him Pepe, after Pepe le Peu, he has that energy about him. He’s in a 2 gallon on his own now, that boy needs to recover. I want to put it in the sun, like Albert does, but I’m not quite sold on his method yet. Also, I want him next to the GBR tank, because I’ll be able to check him regularly and see his progress. Outside, I wouldn’t see him as often… but sunlight. Uff.

WHITE WORMS

I learned so much about white worms OMGGGG. 

Some important notes: 

1. Dirt - potting soil, put in a tub and moisten until a handful of it, squeezed by my ear, sounds like Rice Krispies crackling, but squeezing it doesn’t *drip* - tough one to get right, but I know what it looks like and feels like and sounds like now, so I’m working on it.

*Also don’t pack it - they live in the spaces between, and can’t create tunnels like ants. 

2. Containers - The large flat containers from Dollar Tree are what I bought, disposable but reusable, those ones. There has to be plenty of ventilation, air circulation is important. Also, the surface area available and where they’re extending outward to in search of food is a good indicator of the age and remaining lifespan of the culture.

*Mesh plastic craft sheets on top of the food seem to be necessary, and also rather gross. 

3. Clean worms - Rinse in a brine shrimp sieve (!!!)

4. Food - whole grain wheat bread, no-sugar yogurt, nutritional yeast flakes. 

5. Stages of cultures - newer cultures will remain at the center where the food starts, and spread out as they get older. When they’re crawling up the walls and on the lid they’re ready to harvest, and wipe the moisture off the lid, it can clog the holes. They can get into the air holes, and between them and the coffee filter, or paper towel, etc., and then it has to be changed. There is no ‘forever lid’ solution… yet. 

6. Where to keep them - NOT IN THE FRIDGE. Uff. Sorry lil guys. A cool basement, drawer, etc. Mine got my ex-sock drawer, because my dresser is over a vent (regrettable but better than a bookcase), and that’s the drawer on the bottom, so for the summer at least, it’s the coolest.

I’m sure I’ll remember more, and add edits. My brain is tired. 

Simon and River could be much bigger!! One of their brothers is enormous! And gorgeous. Holy wow. I hope the added room is better for them. I know the live food is going to be good for them, and GuppySnail also gifted me quite a bit of food, so all the fish are going to get some varied breakfasts!

Probably live food and/or frozen food in the evenings. I had been relying on a LOT of frozen food to keep them in condition, though everybody gets occasional things like extreme krill flake, spiraling flake, algae or meat or veggie wafers, etc. 

But still. I need to learn better, and do better. Which is happening, and is super fun. 😄 At least, I *hope* the trend continues! I’m very fond of these little darlings.

No more moving them around, the Queens will stay in their 5 gallon or 10 gallon Home Tanks. Boys will be added once I can get a good ratio, but max a breeding trio in a 5, two breeding trios in a 10, at least as a starting place. But the only way I can buy them is in pairs. Sigh. So either the female is stressed out by constant attention, or the male is stressed out by being moved a couple times. The female has to be prioritized, because she’s pregnant, was just shipped, and has probably reabsorbed some fry, or had some kind of stress-reaction. 

It makes sense to me, because each time Darling has looked ready to drop (twice), I put her in a breeder box, and she never did. This third time, she’s in a 10 gallon that is now full of hornwort and salvo is, Java moss and a dwarf lily, fake plants and driftwood, catappa leaves… and shrimp!! And panda Cories! Darling seems to be a little puzzled by how indifferent they are to her presence, even when she swims right up to them. They ignore her completely. I haven’t seen her nip any of them, and god I hope she doesn’t. I love that little girl, I really don’t want to have to move her OR the cories.

So far though, she just seems curious. They’re as big as she is, the female is bigger, actually. Two females? When they get a little more settled I’ll be sure. As it is I’m making sure they eat, there’s no ammonia spike, and nobody displays any signs of illness. They’re adjusting, and exploring. I feel very lucky to have them.

SHRIMP

So many shrimp!! So many! I see Darling checking them out too, but not seeming overly bothered when they dart away, or drift past her at times. They love the hornwort, and that’s where I see them hanging out the most. There’s some crushed coral and aquarium salt, tannins and leaf litter, java moss, and I added a calcium chip. But after providing those things I’m supposed to leave them alone. 

There’s more. Many things have happened. TBC.

733AB4AB-83E1-4D41-88D2-C9A15844F931.jpeg

2E03F071-AB7C-43A9-9D70-16734A3C509E.jpeg

B3C8FB6A-DC1B-45A7-A7A2-289D04394E86.jpeg

ED45ADE2-8262-4640-BA2D-3FE46DCC9A2E.jpeg

A6BFDFC5-0375-48AC-B382-51BCB2081CA0.jpeg

C3CE2709-0591-4BF9-983A-5A0C3E79318E.jpeg

A17EDBF3-0DDB-464B-8398-68AD21D62E55.jpeg

1F9C087C-C859-4A55-9CBB-E24E0ED7802E.jpeg

1C71BF73-52CA-4088-B2F9-09DFD86E4C8E.jpeg

0A04737D-DFE4-4639-9C8E-DAB59C6494A0.jpeg

348420B6-2864-4D81-B391-3809281C8D7A.jpeg

9338CE0D-301D-478A-8382-9600E5422190.jpeg

70B01FAE-EB26-4EC5-9B29-90DA8CC5CE94.jpeg

A267AC05-122D-4909-9B2B-291CC46D76D1.jpeg

C5551C8D-B31B-426F-AD94-895180BF2BEB.jpeg

785062BE-DC0F-4B7B-9142-D5EBB0869364.jpeg

024A59D1-7642-4044-A9BA-88D987D002B1.jpeg

018EAC11-DC74-40BB-B468-81374535E6F6.jpeg

• Love 1

The mutt guppy pond-tub has allowed me to take down 3 holding tanks, and I’m very glad. The holding tanks were ugly, and too much work to keep up with for long. 

The GBR tank is a 10 now, with some blue-gold mutts in it. I might need to take the mama guppies out, they are too competitive for food. I’ll be changing their light today, to a proper one… if I can figure out how to get it to work with the hood on that tank. I love the hood for the heat retention. 

Darling is in the Dragon 10, with a dozen or so of the panda Cories, the Empress and her Knights of the Dragon. And also a ton of shrimp! The shrimp and Cories are acclimated to one another, but Darling is puzzled at how indifferent they are to her. Almost aggressively indifferent. I had *no* idea how much that tank needed panda Cories! I loved the habrosus Cories in there (they are in the Redroom 10 now), but the pandas have a ton more personality, somehow. I hope they all learn to get along. 

The koi guppies, Cayenne and Chili, definitely have 2 batches of fry in there. The older ones were dropped about 7/18. I saw the others this week, but didn’t realize quite how much smaller they were. I’m dating them 7/28-7/29, that’s the best I can do. Their tank has been stable and the same, it’s not exciting, but it’s adorable, their in the Toadstool Tank.

Our Lady of Pandas (guppies, not Cories), is in a divided tank, and I’m not sure if it should be. She had a pretty flat stomach when she arrived, which is kind of strange, but she’s filled out and is plenty plump and round now. She’s always at the front begging for food. 

Leonora, though, isn’t doing as well. Not quite sure why, but she just isn’t as interested in food, and is often hiding. She’s the last of the leopard females from Dansfish, and I very much want to save her.  Nothing seems wrong, she just isn’t as active and hungry as the other little Queens.

Like Alba, for instance, who still swims vertically a LOT of the time, but swims regularly when it’s time to eat, or when I’m trying to film her. She is in a divided 10, with Vinny, Cyan, and Albion on one side, and she and Violetta on the other. It needs substrate. I hate paying a pet store for rocks. Gotta find an alternative. 

Esmeralda and the Jade pandas are doing well, though there is a tail I’m keeping a close eye on. Their corner gets the least amount of activity, and they’re still a little flighty. They got a new light this morning, the side light was not doing well enough for me to keep a good eye on that lil jade baby’s tail. They’re such cuties, I want to make sure the stress of a new place doesn’t make any of them sick.

The blue-gold tank is overpopulated, and needs a piece of driftwood. The Kuhli loaches like hanging out in the pothos roots, which is adorable, but I’m not sure there are enough other hiding places, after removing the big piece of wood that went into Simon and River’s new 10. Their tank is the most lightly stocked, so theirs makes the most sense for it. The blue-golds, though, need to be put in their tub-pond, so I can start with a new breeding group. Pretty sure the orange came from the Thai boys. Some of which is very pretty, but not what I’m trying to keep in that tank.

Fancy boys are in the Redroom 10, which I almost always write ‘Redrum’ first, so it may eventually just be the Redrum tank. Been watching too many horror movies, lol. 

Edited by Elodie Rose
  • Love 1

Yesterday Alba’s tank got Prazi Pro. Can treat again in 3 days. No noticeable change today. I took a video of her, and want to post it on YT.

The White Cloud 20 is cloudy. I think it’s with sand and/or mulm kicked up by the 7 Cories. Also, the Eheim was running very very hot. I changed it out yesterday. It’s only a few months old. Also dropped in part of a wonder shell, the ph was low. 

Watching the pandas is delightful. 💜 

The boys in the Redrum 10 are doing very well. I definitely gave away one of my green neons by accident. 😓 

The 2.5 now hosts a few blue shrimp and some snails, and has a lot of hair algae. The overhead light seems to keep it going. Changing to a sunrise-sunset light today, the same one they had before. Hair algae is surprisingly pretty. I wonder where i could put it that it would be of benefit… or if that’s just what baby shrimp might need to eat.

Edited by Elodie Rose
  • Love 1

Leonora dropped fry! She ate a ton of grindal worms, and the Panda Empress lost, and was moved to the Nemo tank. It had housed some mutt guppy babies until this week, when they went into a pond tub outside, and has just been running with snails, and the heater/filter.

• Love 1

So many changes. I’m really trying to minimize the moving of fish, and trying to let their forever homes stabilize. But you wouldn’t know it from what I’ve been doing lately. Grr. Gotta plan better so this isn’t necessary.

I’ve only seen a couple fry in Leonora’s tank, but to be fair, the water lettuce is so so so thick its ridiculous. 

I’m going to have to be gone Saturday, overnight, and Sunday this weekend. I *must* get my dog. Must. But it really hurts to think of the fry being hungry. I’ll put in a bit of cucumber and maybe that will tide them over. 

OMIGOSH I think Simon and River are dancing with one another, maybe preparing to mate? That would be amaaazing. They’re so dark red-orange. I removed the two big mama guppies that were competing for their food, that’s not what they were in there for. They joined their fam in the blue-gold tub pond. 

Esmerelda and her pandas were transferred into a 10 with new substrate. The cories seemed very unhappy in the 5, and darnit, I hated to stress her, but the 10 will be better for all of them. Having stressed out cories in the tank might not have been better than the move, which I tried to make gentle. I did the same thing with Simon and River a few weeks ago (?), and I think they are much much happier. So now I know that my favorite tank size is a 10. Or at least, the one that’s attainable, affordable, and fits into my teeny living space. 

Darling’s 10 gallon, formerly Dragon, will be Olyphant. I saw that in a meme recently and it brought back sooo many things from the story.

Esmerelda’s 10 gallon is now Dragon, and will be getting that little statue. I find it very amusing to choose names and tank decor based on the name of their color/type. Dragon will be getting the remaining panda fry from GuppySnail, at some point. Words cannot explain how excited I am at the idea of Cory fry. Could they *be* any cuter.

I never see anyone talk about Leopard guppies, so I think those are actually yellow metal mosaic. That’s what they are on the website now, which makes sense. They’re lovely. I hope there are more fry hidden. I so badly need to leave the tanks alone and keep my hands out of them. 

I’m out of Easy Green. Sadness. I *just* placed an order recently for Maracyn and why, oh why, didn’t I get a refill. 

The WC 20 got a thin layer of pebble substrate today, scattered by handful as gently as I could manage. I’m frustrated with myself about that tank, and trying to figure out how to fix it. Adding a 2nd filter with finer filter floss hasn’t seemed to work, so I’m trying the pebbles. I don’t remember if I ever recorded that 3-4 of the Longfin white cloud mountain minnows went out into the endler and blue-gold tubs, a week or two ago. 

Alba has not improved. In fact she seems worse. Earlier today I added another dose of Prazi Pro. She perks up immediately and starts swimming normally as soon as I near the tank, begging for food, and chases grindal worms around like a little water hawk. A very round little raptor, lol. 

In the Toadstool Tank, the divider got moved to the back right corner, behind the little toadstool house, so that the spicy ladies can swim more freely. The fry still have a “safe space”. That tank isn’t as heavily planted as the others, and doesn’t have a very good light. It is definitely in line for upgrade, but it won’t happen for a while. 

There’s a scant handful of females in the 6 gallon, separated from the others that went into the mutt guppy tank. And ten or so of the smallest blue-gray fry are in the 2.5 with the blue shrimp. They’re very small. 

I wonder if the newest fry would do better if scooped out and placed into a green water jar for the weekend. I put a teeny fry into Jar C, and it has grown, maybe faster than the others. I want to get them into the mutt guppy tank with their lil friends. But it started as a teeny tiny fry from the 2.5 at some point, and did well in the green water pickle jar. 

Jar D is in the bedroom window now, with a generous scoop of the live food culture of blackworms, scuds, snails, etc. I want to watch it, and see if the green water can survive in that window. It’s a pale green now, I left it inside for a few days. Jars E and F are outside though, and very intense green. I don’t know why I love them, but I really do. It’s such a beautiful green, but I don’t really know how to use it effectively. It’s kind of fun to experiment with it though. 

RIP Vinny. I shouldn’t have put him back in with those two blue ivory bulldogs. Damn.

Edited by Elodie Rose
  • Love 1

Add almond leaves. Maybe even gravel vac a bit of microfauna from a seasoned tank to add. Guppy babies will pick and forage. So most should survive. Congratulations. 🎈 you are on a guppy baby roll 🥰

Also she is probably fine. She was close and to give her the best chance of survival in a new environment she probably dropped the fry. I would not worry. If she was not far enough along she would have dropped/ reabsorbed eggs or half formed fry would drop. If they came out and started swimming she was ready. 

Thank you so so much! That makes me feel tons better. Everything in their old tank went with them, except the substrate, so there’s some java moss and leaves in there already, but I’ll definitely go get some things from an older tank.

They are teeny, but they are darting everywhere and seem okay! I added some fry food and turned the light out, and covered the tank. 

Before I leave tomorrow I’ll give every tank a zucchini coin or a piece of cucumber, and maaaaybe ask my housemate to feed once each day. Maybe… unsure.

Esmerelda and the Panda Lady arrived at the same time, I wonder if there will be fry in that tank when I come back? I’ll double check on the hides and plants in that tank too, but tbh, that’s what they were all designed for. Each guppy strain gets its own 10 gallon, though a couple are still in 5s. That’s my goal. 

Dragon babies. Oh, my goodness. Squeeeeee. 🥰💖

Edited by Elodie Rose

On 8/4/2023 at 3:30 PM, Elodie Rose said:

maaaaybe ask my housemate to feed once each day. Maybe… unsure.

PRE-MEASURE food for each tank. No matter how many times you show someone how much they inevitably say but they were begging and looked starved so I gave them more. Often leading to spikes that harm critters. They do not realize they are doing more harm than good and ALWAYS think just a pinch more is better. 

As Michael’s Fishroom says, Happy Fry Fry Fry-day!!! 😄 

(Esmerelda’s littles will have to be added later, her tank is covered atm.)

6143E82C-FE92-4123-97B8-9F7E1D72946E.jpeg

E364C42D-D0AC-4E8D-8B40-A35CAC80742B.jpeg

BF0B2BD2-FAD2-4FC3-80C0-CB9D384CFE26.jpeg

E3FBCADD-3F70-4C6F-8A27-A03E7F556196.jpeg

039D72BA-C1F1-416E-AB0E-ABE886D84F54.jpeg

I just remembered that this is why I have vinegar eels. So I harvested the top of that bottle, and refilled it with old tank water. I have several jars of these, so I’m doing some reading on that.

I also have two jars of green water, but I don’t actually know how to use it. I wonder if green water needs air. If vinegar eels are too small, I doubt green water would work, but since I don’t know, I’m doing some reading on that too. 

Fed the white worms earlier today. GuppySnail assures me the cultures are coming along (thank you!), so I’m still feeding them. The bread keeps getting super moldy. It’s icky. 

Grindal worms are my favorite. All the fish can eat them except the tiniest of fry. Which… is what I’m trying to feed now, lol. But still, as live foods go, it’s my favorite so far. So easy. And fun. Thank you, GuppySnail, for getting me started with those! ❤️ 

The blue-ivory tank has a divider in it, so the boys don’T stress Alba. I put one in the Dragon tank too when setting it up, just a couple inches from the wall. Guppy fry can go in and out of the holes pretty easily.  So they have a little safe space on the side just for them. There was plenty of cover for a 5 gallon, but not nearly enough for a 10, so I’m scrambling a bit there. I haven’t seen the pandas out much yet.

Leonora is doing well! Eating and active. I’m so glad!

Panda Lady hasn’t let her move lessen her appetite at all. 

I don’t recall if I recorded that I had bought a couple blue-tailed female guppies at House of Tropicals, and put them in with Vinny for a few days. They’re certainly no Violetta, but they can go out in the Mutt Guppy tub. They’ve been living with the single red-eye tetra that I inherited. No idea what to do with him. So the 3 of them are living in the quarantine tub, keeping it cycled. Maybe I should check how long ago that was, Red-eye would likely enjoy little nuggets of guppy fry goodness, but I would very much like to keep that off the menu.

Edited by Elodie Rose
  • Love 1

Violetta dropped her fry today! I thought she might, she was ‘boxy’ last night, something I’m trying to learn to identify. I’ve gotten it wrong with Darling maaaany times, but this time I might have seen it correctly.

There are lots of babies in Esmeralda’s tank, looks like they were fine, or that there are quite a few survivors.

Leonora is hanging out at the bottom a lot. She did eat her grindal worm dinner though, with enthusiasm. 

Everyone else seems fine. Almost every tank needs new leaves, testing to see if there are any nitrates in sight anywhere, salt - which I can measure for the first time! (except the GBR). I swear I’ve never seen Simon and River’s eyes quite that red. No, not just red, they were crimson. Wowsa. Their behavior lately has been incredibly fun to watch. 

There were a lot of nitrates in the Toadstool tank, so those fry need to be sorted soon. Many of the oldest are starting to show either light or dark coloration, but no orange yet. Their bodies are dark, not their tails. I have plans for them. As soon as my body is functional again I’m going to start on them. 🤩

Grindal worms need fed again early tomorrow. I meant to feed the white worms today. Maybe I’ll do both before work tomorrow. 

• Love 1

Everybody got top offs and almond leaves yesterday. 
The construction guys finished the attic yesterday, so all the tanks were covered.

Penny is the sweetest girl. 💖

The upstairs tanks were tested, ph all looks ok, no nitrites, pale pink nitrates in the koi guppy 5. Added a few drops of Easy Green to all. Almost out, ordered some more. 
Almost every tank has guppy fry in it. Darling and the Panda Lady, and possibly Alba, have yet to drop fry for this month. 

I’m not happy about how the pandas are adjusting, itr actually NOT adjusting well, to the Emerald Dragon tank. Such an incredible display of how they need the bigger groups to be comfortable in their environment. Torn between adding them to one of the bigger groups and waiting for the time/energy to pick up the panda fry. 

Pond tubs had to be moved yesterday and are even jankier and more broken than before. Biscuits. But I did get them set up with better outdoor cord protection, and the third tub finally got its sponge filter/air stone. 

2A351107-7AE2-4EA6-8DC0-2927742CD922.jpeg

3554C88C-CACF-4EA0-8F28-4A21DB594238.jpeg

94BECBC4-E4C8-4408-BAB5-A014485500FD.jpeg

1634A664-1F67-4B2F-9341-2D05ADCC2503.jpeg

487BE792-8284-4B05-8C1B-19E1D8AEF02B.jpeg

3DC48E57-C4BF-42D6-BC10-CB56DC67D6E2.jpeg

D5B7A4F2-E861-424F-A461-7A1A07CC7958.jpeg

DB35FB13-A791-4D56-A90B-3E48C67C3298.jpeg

845220AB-A7B0-4F57-A8AC-F02699D55C23.jpeg

1356975E-A730-4983-A8C0-DCBA9F3F606F.jpeg

BC8D33A1-6EF0-49AE-B2EA-02B77E1A002A.jpeg

483FFE71-37F6-48EC-A8CC-E3337586D503.jpeg